The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bulb Question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Bulb question| Next thread: Bulb Question »
Back to Thread index
by letsgab on May 02, 2006 05:04 AM
I think I really pulled a lulu!!! With summer appoaching quickly, I got a little over zealous and planted all my flower bulbs outside!!!! After I was done, I remembered that they shouldn't be planted until fall. What effect is this going to have on them??? Will they be alright or am I going to have to dig them all back up. I planted lilies, virginia blue bells and a variety of others!!!!!

Remember....any day above ground is a good day!!
by weezie13 on May 02, 2006 06:09 AM
What kind did you plant???? [critic] [flower]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by alankhart on May 02, 2006 07:34 AM
Asiatic and oriental lilies can be planted in spring and will flower this summer.

Daffodils, hyacinths, alliums, tulips, etc. should be planted in the fall. If you did plant some now, they will be alright, but they won't flower this year.

-
 -
 -
by letsgab on May 02, 2006 11:54 PM
I planted lilies, virginia blue bell tubers, trillium, astibule, tulips, hyacinths, crown imperials and cannas lilies...........thanks for the info!!!

by Karrie on May 03, 2006 02:03 AM
So from what I understand from reading this the Daffodils I planted late spring will not bloom this comeing spring? Please say it aint sooo. And how about my Glads I planted? No summer Glads? If this is the case I am gonna have a big open hole in the far end of the house. [tears]

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by alankhart on May 03, 2006 04:41 AM
Karrie: sorry to say unless you prechilled them, your dafs probably won't bloom because they need a chilling period to do so. The good news is that your glads will bloom this year.

Letsgab: from your list, only 3 will probably not bloom and those are the hyacinths, tulips and crown imperials. The lilies and cannas should bloom, but the others may need a season in the ground first...it's hard to say with bare root plants the first year.

-
 -
 -
by letsgab on May 03, 2006 07:24 AM
Thanks Alan!!

by joclyn on May 03, 2006 08:16 AM
the glads will definitely come up - don't worry about it!!

i don't have daf's yet...does anyone know where to get the pink ones??? and the white???
by Karrie on May 03, 2006 02:59 PM
My daffs will have the chill period this winter. I didnt expect blooms this year but this comeing easter I was hopeing for some. Will I get em then?

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by SpringFever on May 04, 2006 07:58 AM
Karrie they should be up for next spring!!

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by Karrie on May 04, 2006 10:55 AM
ok that was my goal! Whew!!!!!!!!

-
 -

Karrie's Photos
by SpringFever on May 04, 2006 12:42 PM
Good luck Karrie!

-
 -
by Karrie on May 07, 2006 01:45 PM
Guess I should have just waited to see. I went out today and I had not one, not two, but three!!!!!!!!!! Glads popping outta the ground. What a lovely way to start the day with new growth! I was pleased all day went out to peek at them 3 more times. My son was so excited when he noticed them.

-
 -

Karrie's Photos
by SpringFever on May 07, 2006 02:14 PM
Awsome Karrie you must be totally thrilled !!

-
 -
by joclyn on May 07, 2006 05:08 PM
my glads are up too...a few are about 3 inches tall, so far...and it looks like i'm going to have to pull them all and split them this year!!!

i can see lots of baby shoots too!! yay!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bulb question| Next thread: Bulb Question »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: