The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

help with impatiens

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: help with house plants please| Next thread: help with indoor cacti »
Back to Thread index
by susanmwood on July 31, 2006 06:17 PM
I have been watering plants for someone over the past month while they are out of town. The red star impatiens have been doing fine until about a week ago. Now they are looking horrible--all shriveled. I've been watering them every two to three days. I am thinking that this hasn't been enough, but I'm wondering if getting the leaves wet has anything to do with it (I know this is a concern with snapdragons). Anyone have a thought? Thanks very much!
by eClaire on August 01, 2006 11:48 AM
impatients are very water hungry in my yard, if i don't water them every day they start to wilt and look quite pathetic. they perk right back up with water though - i would try increasing your h20 and see what happens.

good luck!

Claire
by patches1414 on August 01, 2006 06:37 PM
I don't know where you live or what zone you are in, [dunno] but I'm located in zone 5 and I have to water my Impatiens every day. [Wink] Now with this heat wave if I don't water them twice a day they shrivel up and look horrible, [Eek!] so I'm thinking yours are not getting enough water. [thinker] I've always sprayed my Impatiens leaves and all and it's never caused a problem for me. [thumb]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by susanmwood on August 02, 2006 06:00 AM
Thank you for the suggestions. I have been watering them daily now and they look amazingly better. What a relief that I didn't kill someone else's plants!
by patches1414 on August 02, 2006 06:56 AM
Always glad to help out a fellow gardener. I'm glad to learn they are doing better. [thumb] Impatiens usually respond and come back quickly when they get a good drink of water. [Wink]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: help with house plants please| Next thread: help with indoor cacti »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: