The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

prayer plant?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Prayer Plant| Next thread: Prayer Plant Cuttings? »
Back to Thread index
by magic612 on June 21, 2004 02:13 AM
I recently bought a plant at walmart which did not have an info tag with it. I thought it was a prayer plant due to the pattern on the dark green foliage. However, it does not have any of the red lines on the leaf, like a prayer plant should have. Do any of you know if this is a prayer plant, or if not, what could it be? Thank you!
by afgreyparrot on June 21, 2004 04:32 PM
As you can see in this photo, my newer leaves don't have the red on them yet.

Is this your plant?
 -

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by magic612 on June 21, 2004 05:23 PM
no I dont think it is the same, this one has dark green lines coming from the center of the leaf to the outsides. Looks a little different than yours.

I'll take a picture with my digi cam and try to figure out how to put them on here so I can show you.

Thanks a lot for the reply!
by Jiffymouse on June 29, 2004 07:11 AM
there are several varieties of prayer plants. i have the one that is referred to as "rabbit's foot" due to the markings on the leaves. it does not have the red lines ever. and the "foot prints" on the leaves are barely noticable on the smaller, younger leaves, and on the leaves that do not get good light (if i forget to turn it) but the older, better lit leaves have the prints almost red on them. they start out just a slightly darker green than the rest of the leaf.

the proper name for the plant is Maranta and there is an information page here at the garden helper prayer plant that has a picture of one like mine.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Prayer Plant| Next thread: Prayer Plant Cuttings? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: