The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

rubber plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Rubber Plant| Next thread: Rubber Plant »
Back to Thread index
by scifibingobaby on August 21, 2005 10:52 AM
I need help. My leaves are falling off my rubber plant! They are green and healthy looking but all of a sudden they started to fall off. what should i do? [Eek!]
by weezie13 on August 21, 2005 12:39 PM
Scifibingobaby,
Just so you know,
I'm going to move your post down into
the HOUSE PLANT SECTION..
I think you'll end up with a few more response's
there...

Don't forget there's lot's to do here in
the winter time...and spring, summer and fall time too!!!
So, just jump right on in...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Will Creed on August 21, 2005 11:50 PM
Can you give us some additional information?

How long have you had it?

Did you repot it? If so, what sized pot is it now in?

How much light does it get? How far away from a window is it?

What is your watering routine?

Is it inside or outside?

Can you post a photo?
by scifibingobaby on August 26, 2005 04:06 AM
I have had it about 2 weeks and no sorry to say i haven't re potted it. I am not very good with plants they always die. I have watered it with some miracle grow and it is about 8 feet from my glass backdoor in my dining room. i have misted the leaves. right now it is on my back porch. i will try to send a picture but i am not sure how i have it on my computer and only know how to send them really. How do i re-pot it? thank you!
by Will Creed on August 26, 2005 09:18 AM
Scifi,

It is a good thing that you did not repot your new plant. No instructions needed on that for a while!

I suspect that your Rubber plant is trying to adapt to its new environment, the light in particular. It is quite common for some lower leaves to drop off while it is adjusting.

I suggest that you move your plant to an indoor location as close to a window as possible and leave it there. Change is not a good thing.

Check the soil carefully by sticking your finger down into the soil. If the soil is hard and dry on top, then you may have to let the pot sit in some water for an hour or so. Otherwise, let the top inch or so of soil dry out before watering it thoroughly. I suggest that you use plain water until the plant has fully recovered and putting out lots of healthy new growth.
by weezie13 on August 28, 2005 12:46 PM
Scifibingobaby,
(just so you know, I was having trouble replying
to you thru TGHF's mail, but wanted to leave this message for you)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you go to one of these sites, *and there is other's too, just can't remember the names*....

WebShots
PhotoBucket
Imagestation

It's FREE to download your pictures too....
Then you can attach the URL from the place you choose, copy and paste the URL, then click on the IMAGE botton, and insert the URL into there.
*there will be a highlighted blue http:/ thing there, either delete it or click your backspace button to get rid of it

I hope this helps..
(*I personally like the PHOTOBUCKET alot, it's
very user friendly, and we here don't have to be
members or join to view your pictures*)

P/S There's some other gardener's that do use pictures alot and maybe able to help you alot better than I did, Afgreyparrot/Cindy, Loz, Meg, Jiffy, G~mom, Plants~n~Pots, Carly....tons of them know how and can give you a hand if you need it....

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by loz on August 28, 2005 01:23 PM
One thing I learned since buying my rubber plant last summer is that they sure are touchy....Mine dropped leaves like crazy over the winter...when spring came I stuck it on the back porch and it really flourished.....I know that when I move it back in it'll lose it's pretty leaves again though.....
by scifibingobaby on September 07, 2005 02:55 PM
Thank you all for the help with my rubber plant . I moved it back inside and will not move it again. I will not re pot it yet. And will check the watering. It has little sprouts on it and a few of the top leaves still. I can only send pictures through e mail. Thank you all again
by Will Creed on September 08, 2005 05:13 AM
Can you e-mail a photo to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Rubber Plant| Next thread: Rubber Plant »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: