The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Question about a rose bush

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by gardenfairy on August 31, 2006 05:10 AM
I have a rose bush that I planted this year, but we live in base housing and they are doing renovations and part of that means they are doind landscaping. My rose bush is the front were they intend to put a flowerbed, but instead of letting me leave it there, they said to move it or they would pull it up!! I have a place on the other side of my house that gets sun until about 1:00, the place it's at now get sun from about 11:00 until the sun sets. Do you think the new plant I would like to put it will give it adequate sunlight? Also is there any thing I might could do to help it when I move it, I've tried to wait as long as possible but it has to be moved now.

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by TulsaRose on August 31, 2006 05:33 AM
Monica, it should do fine where you plan to move it. They tend to enjoy afternoon shade. [Wink] Just be sure to dig a nice size rootball and transfer the whole thing to the new planting, making sure to water in well afterward and give supplemental water every couple of days until it has settled in. It will get droopy at first and cause you to worry but it will be OK.

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by gardenfairy on August 31, 2006 05:53 AM
Thanks Rosie, it should get plenty of water with Tropical Storm Ernesto coming through tomorrow.

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

by TulsaRose on August 31, 2006 06:19 AM
Hopefully you'll only get a lot of rain. [Wink] It looks like Ernesto thumped Mexico instead and will be less than a tropical storm by the time it gets to the Carolinas.

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by gardenfairy on August 31, 2006 07:00 AM
We are watching it, hopefully when it gets back into the Atlantic is won't strenghten. It won't be my first hurricane though, part of living on the coast!!

Monica

-

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: