The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Flowering Aloe Plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Flowering aloe?| Next thread: Flowering Bush for shady area »
Back to Thread index
by JoyceU on February 14, 2004 04:37 PM
I inherited a mature aloe plant that has been potted and sitting inside our enclosed screen porch. Over the last month it has started to sprout stalks for flowering. I'm not sure as to whether or not I should move the plant outside of the screen to help the flowering process. Does anyone have any suggestions?
by Jiffymouse on February 14, 2004 08:33 PM
[wayey] welcome joyce [wayey] i don't have your answer, but we have several cactophiles who will filter through sometime this weekend. one of them will surely have your answer. I just wanted to say hi! and i hope you enjoy your time here.
by Rick on February 15, 2004 12:50 AM
If it's been sitting in its present location for a while and decided to flower there, leave it. It likes where it is. I'm not sure of its pollination requirements, whether it's self pollinated or requires insects to cross it with another. I've had a large Aloe for years that I'm still waiting to see flower. They apparently don't like full sun, but seem OK with filtered sun. Apparently, you've given it what it wants.
Rick

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Flowering aloe?| Next thread: Flowering Bush for shady area »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: