The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Flowering foliage plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Flowering Dogwood| Next thread: Flowering Ginger »
Back to Thread index
by Canadian CrabGrass on February 23, 2004 04:15 PM
My 2 peperomias are flowering - sending out those long skinny green spikes all over the place. I'm thrilled at that since it's a sign of good health, but I'm wondering if there's anything specific I need to do with them. The peperomia obtusifolia especially ( and thanks again to Will Creed for identifying it for me ! ) seems to be growing nothing BUT flower spikes - some as long as 8" - and hasn't put out any new leaves in a while.

Should I let them do their own thing and wait until they go back to leaf production, or is there something else to be done ?

------------------------------

If any members of this forum are from the Canadian Maritimes, I hope you're holding up well under Ma Nature's assault !
by Will Creed on February 25, 2004 03:26 AM
Congratulations! Let it bloom. Cut them off when they wilt. New leaves will grow in due time.
by Canadian CrabGrass on February 25, 2004 07:18 AM
Thanks for your reply and congratulations, Will...

I'll confess to some pride at the way my plants have been flourishing, and I give credit for this to the great advice I received from everyone here.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Flowering Dogwood| Next thread: Flowering Ginger »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: