The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Dieffenbachia

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Dieffenbacha yellowing leaves| Next thread: Dieffenbachia »
Back to Thread index
by syl726 on July 13, 2004 05:08 PM
I have been trying to keep my "Dieffen" happy but am still having some problems. It seems that I have gotten rid of the bugs but the larger leaves continue to lose color. Is is variegated with cream markings. Also, I've spotted little black specks that look like a few tiny crumbs of potting mix. Could I be mistaken and this is actually some type of pest?
by TomR on July 16, 2004 05:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by syl726:
I have been trying to keep my "Dieffen" happy but am still having some problems. It seems that I have gotten rid of the bugs but the larger leaves continue to lose color. Is is variegated with cream markings. Also, I've spotted little black specks that look like a few tiny crumbs of potting mix. Could I be mistaken and this is actually some type of pest?
How much light does it get? How often do you fertilise it? When was the last time you did? How often do you water it? Do you keep the soil moist or let it dry out a bit first before watering?

Try giving the plant a shower to clean off the leaves and possible dirt/bugs.

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Dieffenbacha yellowing leaves| Next thread: Dieffenbachia »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: