The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

climbing roses

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by froggyqueen on August 06, 2004 07:04 PM
Ok, I have a back patio with latice around it. Its pretty but plain. The previous owners had planted some kind of plant right outside of it but they are low to the ground. I would love to plant some kind of climbing rose but have no clue how to or when or what kind. I think I am in zone 6 but don't quote me on that. I live in northern Oklahoma. The area gets mainly afternoon sun. And of course I need something that any idiot can grow or it will die. At first I thought of a combination of 4'oclocks, morning glorys and moon flowers but they dont like me. I have tried planting them in other areas of the yard and they just wither and die. Please help me!! [Eek!] I so want pretty flowers out there.
by Jiffymouse on August 06, 2004 08:56 PM
the prettiest rose climing rose i have seen is the lady banks rose. another good plant for climbing (although i don't know about your zone) is mandevilla (beautiful flowers). all kinds of jassmine is good and i am sure that there are others. seems like hyacinth bean is one too!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: