The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Help with a dying plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Adriel_135 on June 07, 2006 03:07 AM
Could someone give me advice on how to save a dying String of Nickels, I just purchased 2 of these plants a few weeks ago & they are dying...I have tried to contace the company that produced them for help, no reply whatsoever, but anyway, the plant is supposed to have filtered light & not too wet soil, which I have it in a great location & monitor the water, however the plants looks like it is turning to mush & just literally dying rapidly.
I would GREATLY appreciate any help that can be offered, as these were not inexpensive plants!
by margaret e. pell on June 08, 2006 01:46 AM
Is this the plant?
http://toptropicals.com/cgi-bin/garden_catalog/cat.cgi?uid=SENECIO_ROWLEYANUS
If so, it wants some direct sun and to dry out between waterings. Sounds like yours might be getting too much water and not enoutg sun. Good luck!

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by Adriel_135 on June 10, 2006 04:40 AM
No, that is not the same plant but thanks for your reply.
Hopefully I can save the plant, I have taken many cuttings but the original plant is pretty much a goner.
by margaret e. pell on June 10, 2006 06:01 PM
Send us a pic, please. I don't know String of Nickels and I'd like to help, but I can't without knowing what we're talking about. That's what Google came up with. Do you have another name for it?

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: