The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

help with burning trees

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Help with Bougainvillia| Next thread: Help with Camellia cuttings »
Back to Thread index
by papillonnoir on July 10, 2006 03:44 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help me save a tree.

I planted a pine in my backyard this spring, and while I don't know the exact name it's the Christmas tree variety. The nursery said that it might not work in my area due to elevation (it's suppose to be several hundred feet higher). While the tree was doing fine in the cooler months, it looks like it has been sun burnt now that summer is in full blast.

Does anyone know how to handle sun burns or does anyone have any advice on how to salvage the tree? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

smile- you never know
by Deborah L. on July 10, 2006 04:59 PM
Can you mist it frequently?
Can you try covering it lightly with a sheet in the daytime?
That's all I can think of.

-
 -
by johnCT on July 11, 2006 02:18 AM
Welcome. Can you post a picture of it. It may be a good idea to positively ID the plant first.

John - Zone 6
by cathieken127 on July 17, 2006 05:12 PM
speaking of pines, i have a question about a dewarf pine spruse tree. it seams to be growing fine but i have noticed on the inside of the tree it is all brown. is this normal, and why does it turn that way?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Help with Bougainvillia| Next thread: Help with Camellia cuttings »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: