The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Big Bird and Butterfly

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: BIG "dim bulb" question| Next thread: Big Birdies »
Back to Thread index
by gailo on August 15, 2006 12:45 AM
I live on the water. The osprey young have just left the nest and this time of the year they sit around in our trees. I was taking a pictures of this baby and was surprised to find a butterfly in the picture after I looked at it on the computer. We don't have many songbirds or hummingbirds this time of the year. Just big birds. The songbirds are happy in the woods right now. Winter comes they'll be here.

-

gailo
by TulsaRose on August 15, 2006 01:01 AM
Beautiful shot...he looks so regal. [Wink] The butterfly almost looks like an Eagle soaring above. lol!

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by Wrennie on August 15, 2006 01:08 AM
gailo can I put your pictures on my website? I cant remember if I asked you before or not.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by gailo on August 15, 2006 10:33 AM
Sure you can Wrennie. Help yourself. [wavey]

gailo
by gardenfairy on August 15, 2006 10:36 AM
He is a beauty, we have a lot of Osprey around here.

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by Wrennie on August 15, 2006 05:10 PM
[clappy]
Thank you!!!

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by patches1414 on August 18, 2006 07:07 PM
What an awesome pictue, Gailo! I think the Osprey is such a stately looking bird and this picture confirms it! Thanks for sharing the picture! The butterfly makes it such an interesting picture!

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by gailo on August 22, 2006 12:50 AM
More big birds today it was bald eagles. Went out to get the paper and sitting in my neighbor's tree were these two.
 -

gailo
by Kratz7 on August 22, 2006 05:19 AM
gailo,

that is an awesome photo...how lucky to see one bald eagle, let alone two in the same photo....ty for sharing...this beautiful photo

Kratz7

[Smile]

-

Kratz7 Photos
by TulsaRose on August 22, 2006 05:45 AM
Awesome picture, Gailo!!! I think I would have been too excited to get off a good shot if they turned up around here. [Wink] Looks like they are taking a nap. lol!

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by patches1414 on August 22, 2006 10:59 PM
What an AWESOME photo, Gailo! [clappy] You had to be so excited to see them and lucky to get such a beautiful picture! [Wink] Thanks for sharing it! [kissies]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: BIG "dim bulb" question| Next thread: Big Birdies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: