The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

BIG "dim bulb" question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Big, lumpy roots| Next thread: Big Bird and Butterfly »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on June 07, 2005 10:45 AM
Picture me blushing already and I haven't even asked it yet.

WHERE is this dark well ventalated space for drying herbs? I've looked all over the apartment and I can't find it. Did someone hide it, or heaven forbid take it?

Can someone help me find it please.

[Embarrassed] [Confused] [Embarrassed]
by LMT on June 08, 2005 01:06 PM
You don't want them in an air tight container or full sun.

I found this worthwhile, "The oven light of an electric range ... furnishes enough heat for overnight drying."

I'd leave the oven door open.

Linky

Currently listening to: Vince Guaraldi Trio -- A Charlie Brown Christmas. Adult and contemporary but evocative of youth and innocence, a must own CD.
by tkhooper on June 08, 2005 01:12 PM
That's cool. Thankyou.

I am so looking forward to trying this.
by plants 'n pots on June 08, 2005 02:52 PM
quote:
WHERE is this dark well ventalated space for drying herbs? I've looked all over the apartment and I can't find it. Did someone hide it, or heaven forbid take it?
Too funny!
Thanks for my first chuckle of the day!

And thanks for the terrific link, LMT! [kissies]
I have a few different mints this year that I'd like to try drying and that link has wonderful info on doing that! [thumb]

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Elfinone on June 09, 2005 04:19 PM
when I dry my herbs, I tie them up in light bundles, I use rubberbands for the stalky ones. then I twist tie them to an old fashioned wood drying rack. I put them in a spot in the house where it gets good air circulation but no direct sun and then whent he rack is full I cover it with gause to keep the dust off of them.
For my little delicate guy like dill and, things you should dry flat leaf only, I use, um, ya know those pull open window screens?. I place paper towels over that,then lay out the herbs. I can stack the paper towl layers then use another screen for another kind keeping them separate. I have always done that. it works real well.
I love the smell of the house when all these herbs are drying.
[Wink]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Big, lumpy roots| Next thread: Big Bird and Butterfly »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: