The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Yellow foam-like clump rings

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Yellow Corydalis (Corydalis lutea)| Next thread: Yellow Jackets »
Back to Thread index
by Rosepay on April 15, 2006 09:02 PM
Hi, I'm new here because frankly need help. Woke up yesterday and there was a large (10-12" dia) yellow clump of something on my mulched garden. It frankly looked like a large "dump" but bright yellow. This morning I woke to find two more - but on the other side of my sidewalk. There is also a brownish ring not too far from the first one. Has anyone a clue? I have to admit I have a brown thumb...
by weezie13 on April 15, 2006 09:15 PM
Rosepay,
First off, I'd like to Welcome you to The Garden Helper's Forum,
we are very glad you found us!!
[wavey]
Second off, I'm going to move your post into the
Organically Speaking section for your mulch question..

And third, it is common to get those in mulch piles,
I have gotten several with fresh loads'...
It is called....
Slime Molds/Dog Vomit Fungus
*I know, funky name isn't it??*

And fourth, don't forget to take a peak around here, we've got lot's to do here, many different sections, and we have several very, very nice Texan's here, hope you sit a spell and say hi and get to know everyone around here, there's a very friendly family here.. [wavey]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Rosepay on April 15, 2006 10:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Weezie. The name is much more fitting, believe, then yellow rings! :-)
by weezie13 on April 15, 2006 10:16 PM
I thought the exact same thing when I got my first pile.. and thought, oh my goshhhh [shocked]
But then examined it a bit, *not too close mine you [Wink] * and noticed it wasn't quite..
and did some research and found that info.....

Keep us posted on how your brown thumb [Wink] is doing!!
Always glad to help those brown thumbs turn green you know!

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by Rosepay on April 15, 2006 10:26 PM
Thanks!. My husband (passed away 9 yrs ago) had a fantastic green thumb! He could take a brown stick and make it flower. Unfortunately, anything that came under my care inevitably required his attention to keep it green! Ha! Glad to know this slime isn't bad. Are you from upper New York?
by weezie13 on April 15, 2006 10:37 PM
I am in Western, New York, about 50 miles South of Buffalo and 90 minutes North of the Pa border, almost in a straight line...
We do have some from more around NYC area....

I am sorry to hear about your husband...
That is very cute about the brown stick and making it flower....
*My dad had a great green thumb too and an ability to build rock gardens, rock walkways and rock walls, and I just didn't get that gene I guess... [Eek!] * and I love rocks with a passion. [Cool]

We'll have your thumb green growing lot's of plants...just keep asking questions... and start out with foolproof, *no pun intended* plants..
My garden is FULL of those types of plants..
HONESTLY!!!
*cause if I really need to take care of it, it's in trouble!*
Being very busy, and too many iron's in the fire..

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by twwright on April 28, 2006 01:15 AM
Welcome! I'm new also and live in Round Rock, TX. which is a suburb of Austin. You'll see all kinds of new critters and crud in Texas but plants do grow here for a very long season if you can get them through the heat of summer. This site is fabulous with all kinds of information and really neat people. The site has sections I've never heard of before and even a "Private" section for, I don't know what! I have not seen another site like this for us Gardening types. Anyway, welcome to Texas and the Garden Helper.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Yellow Corydalis (Corydalis lutea)| Next thread: Yellow Jackets »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: