The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Peony Situation

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Peony Seeds| Next thread: Peperomia flowering. »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on May 12, 2005 02:23 PM
Ok this is what I did. Please cross your fingers and toes for me.

I dug up the Peony that had pushed up out of the soil. I noticed that it had one "eye" that was starting to form and it was still firm so I decided to try replanting it. I choose a place that gets dappled sunlight most of the day. I dug an 8"x 8" hole. I added bone meal to the soil that I used for the dome and mixed it up real well then gave the soil a good drink of water and build the dome. I but the tuber in with the eye facing up and the roots spread over the dome. I covered the tuber and then watered well again to get rid of any air pockets.

Now I guess I sit back and pray. I think that's the dark red peony and I really don't want to loose it.

-
 -
by pcgrav on May 12, 2005 04:19 PM
[thumb] Good Luck-- my fingers are crossed!

-
 - Each day is a new beginning...What you begin is your choice.
 - The pleasure you receive from life is equal only to the attitude you put into it.
by tkhooper on May 12, 2005 04:48 PM
LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was smoothing out the soil where I had dug up the peony and what did I find?

ANOTHER Peony with 6 eyes on it all trying to grow. So I grabbed the spade watering can bone meal and when to work making the tuber as comfortable as I could.

No wonder the other one was comming out of the ground. [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

Looks like you hit the nail on the head PC thank you so much for your very timely advice.

-
 -
by pcgrav on May 12, 2005 05:04 PM
[clappy] [clappy] [clappy] for the peonies!!!
And you are most welcome. I'm so glad I could help!

-
 - Each day is a new beginning...What you begin is your choice.
 - The pleasure you receive from life is equal only to the attitude you put into it.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Peony Seeds| Next thread: Peperomia flowering. »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: