The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: fall crops?| Next thread: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II »
Back to Thread index
Pages: 1 2 3
by penny in ontario on October 17, 2006 02:11 AM
It did help or otherwise i would have gotten a PM from Tammy wondering where the other envelope is [Big Grin] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb]

-
 -

-
by tkhooper on October 17, 2006 02:19 AM
Hey Penny that sounds great I'm looking forward to getting them.

Landofoz I'm looking forward to your seeds too. Hope you get a clear day for the obiedient plant but if not I'll look forward to a second package.

Hey Loz & Penny, you should ask Belinda about missing items and me. And I sent in multiple envelopes too so it got to be rather hilarious. I don't think I ever did get everything in one box. lol.

Belinda was incredibly patient with me and I hope I can do her justice with this Fall Fling.

-
 -
by angelblossom on October 17, 2006 07:45 AM
Sending mine out this weekend TK Still waiting on P Hy Bean vine Their not ready to open yet [Eek!] If still not ready by saturday I'll just mail what I have! [thumb]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by Triss on October 17, 2006 07:56 AM
Boy I was getting scared there for a minute thinking I was getting way too close to the deadline. Was happy to go back and read that I still have 11 more days to get my seeds in the mail.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by sibyl on October 17, 2006 11:33 PM
i was sapost to mail mine out this weekend but didnt get around to it till today, my mail lady came all the way up my drive way to ask what was in the envolope! guess i gotta let her know what i mail out in the bubble envolopes,

-
 -
by kennyso on October 18, 2006 04:45 AM
I send tow bubble envelopes and one came back to me today.........after two weeks!

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by tcmers on October 18, 2006 08:26 AM
OOPS! Sorry Tam! Guess I can't count! LOL! (I swear I read the rules and thought I put less than 100 packs in there!)
by kennyso on October 18, 2006 09:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by kennyso:
I send tow bubble envelopes and one came back to me today.........after two weeks!
When I first got it I though I didn't put enough postage on it (I only stuck on a stamp) and now I was about to put more stamps on it, I just realized that I forgot to cover up my address and put Tammy's over it. talk about being over excited!

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by sibyl on October 18, 2006 10:59 AM
Kenny,
you only put one stamp on it? i wasnt shure so i put 5, of the 39cents stamps on mine. i should of asked the mail laddy if that was enough,

-
 -
by PartyGirl on October 18, 2006 01:21 PM
Tammy, I am here, reading, and still sending seeds, but I am waiting until the 11th hour to see if more stuff in the garden ripens in time.

PG
by Rite2u on October 18, 2006 04:27 PM
Tammy,
Did you get my seed packets yet?

The Write Stuff
by tkhooper on October 18, 2006 08:00 PM
Hi rite2u I did get your seed packets. I thought I had posted that when I received them but I might of missed. I'm sorry that I didn't post it. I will try to be more careful. They are great seeds and I'm sure everyone is going to enjoy them. Thankyou for sending them in.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 19, 2006 03:26 AM
Lorena,

Your seeds arrived today. I'll do my best to get you things on your wish list. Keeping my fingers crossed.

-
 -
by LandOfOz on October 19, 2006 04:11 AM
Quick question--I just found a bunch of hairy vetch seeds. I'm using it as a cover-crop to help the soil out over the winter but it has gorgeous flowers on it too. Would anyone be interested in these seeds for the fall fling? If not, then I won't send them in.

Thanks!

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by tkhooper on October 19, 2006 04:47 AM
I haven't had any requests for it yet. But it does look like a nice flower.

-
 -
by tcmers on October 19, 2006 05:28 AM
FYI: You can go to the USPS web site and find out exactly how much postage is from zip code to zip code as well as to other countries. I find that my husbands fish scale works well for weighing envelopes.
by sibyl on October 19, 2006 09:48 AM
Sarah
i think the hairyvench are pretty, never seen or heard of em before, if you send em in ill add em to my wish list! [flower]
im gonna have to invest in a scale.

-
 -
by comfrey on October 19, 2006 10:04 AM
Hairy vetch does has very pretty flowers...It grows wild here and can be very invasive, so plant with caution.

-
 -
by LandOfOz on October 19, 2006 10:18 AM
Yeah, it reseeds like crazy and can quickly become a nuisance!! I'll toss in a few packets before mailing out the package tomorrow.

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by kennyso on October 19, 2006 10:24 AM
sibly, about the one stamp thing, I live in Canada and it's 89 cents to mail to US, I put two stamps on the first one and I ran out and didn't bother going out to get more, usually one is enough to get most things across the boarder. I seriously though for one moment God was trying to say: you didn't put enough postage on it so you're playing with the system, it's a sin like lying (well it wasn't intentional)

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by tkhooper on October 19, 2006 06:58 PM
The thing about postage as I'm sure most of us know is that if you don't pay it on one end the person on the other gets charged. When I first started I kept on getting notes from the postman that I owed 12 cents postage. That's for the hand cancel that is required when you send a bubble envelope. But that's US rates. The information above is perfect for foreign country rates.

-
 -
by bibee on October 19, 2006 08:41 PM
Hay T I forgot to post when I sent mine out.
They went out Monday. U should have them soon.
Let me know when u get them.

Angela

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/bibee1990/
by njoynit on October 19, 2006 08:58 PM
Mine are ready.I just have alot of rain.It also seems to rain in my mailbox now that some idiot HIT it.The lid don't close completly& my mail lady didn't put clothes pin back on it or someone stole it off the box.I can't drive to the mailbox today(Well maybe on the quad.........)We got a lil over 5 inches of rain last nite on top of the 15 plus from the other day.

I grew some hairy vetch in garden once& tilled under,but have some I sowed on a patch of grass hubby sat the deisl can on.killed the grass,but the hairy vetch grows there still.its not square no more,but is prettyer than the grass around it.

By the way....I had a BUNCH of fun on the quad yesterday.I jumped a hill and landed in a mud hole...I made it slide sideways in the mud.did dounuts(the dounuts we're cause was trying to empty some water out of a hole..it just filled back up)

-
 -
I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
by tkhooper on October 19, 2006 09:07 PM
Hi Bibee yours haven't arrived yet but I'm sure I'll see them real soon. And I look forward to it. Everything is nice and tidy waiting for the next shipment to arrive. And while I am doing that I have some gorgeous short stemmed big bloom red Zinnia. The really full ones. I got them from the McDonalds over by my church. I doubt there will be any left by Sunday but I did get one bloosom and that made up several packets. I'm thinking I may put one or two in the exchange. But I haven't decided yet.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 19, 2006 09:10 PM
Hey njoynit, you becareful out there on your quad. I don't want to hear of any injuries. It's been raining here alot too and the lettuce is loving it. I didn't think they would survive this long but they have. The tiny tim tomato plant isn't going to make it I don't think. It only has 3 leaves at the very top everything else has turned brown.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 19, 2006 10:24 PM
Well I went outside and guess what. I harvested a bunch of cinnamon basil. I'll get them out of there little pods tonight while I'm watching Grey's Anatomy. I'm addicted to that show lol.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 19, 2006 11:48 PM
It's almost time for the mail man. I can't wait to see who's seeds come in today. I know I'm such a nut lol.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 20, 2006 12:42 AM
woohoo he came!!! and Maja24's seeds arrived. Thankyou for the stamps. My friends will really enjoy getting them.

You wouldn't happen to know the seeds american names would you? If not I'll see if I can find them. Otherwise someone is going to have to do some very good research. Or maybe these are the botanical names. I don't know enough yet to be able to tell things like that. I'm not very good at languages including my own.

Thankyou again for participating in the fall fling. I'll get out your package as soon as I can.

-
 -
by maja24 on October 20, 2006 04:30 AM
Thanks TK for letting me know!

I wrote on the packets the Latin names of the plants, here they come in their English/American name:
Agapanthus africanus (bleu) - African lilie
Agapanthus (white) - African lilie
Carex pendula - hanging sedge
Lathyrus latifolius - Perennial pea

Did i forget one? don't know what i've send anymore, must be getting older [nutz]

TK, your own seeds, did you decipher them yet or do you need the American name also? Just let me know!

Paulien [wavey]

http://home.hetnet.nl/~pvandeburgt/
http://photobucket.com/albums/e344/maja8/?
by loz on October 20, 2006 07:31 AM
Mine went out today Tammy....we aren't that far apart so you might get them Saturday....I messed up though....I paperclipped $3 worth of stamps inside, but didn't realize until I sealed it that they were $1 stamps.....I was going to put some extra ones in there for you and so when you read my note saying to keep any extra stamps you'll understand why there aren't any extra stamps......Today is just not my day! [Roll Eyes]
by tkhooper on October 20, 2006 07:12 PM
Thankyou Maja24,

I did figure out that they were the botanical names after I posted. Sometimes I'm just not very bright. Thankyou for being so patient with me. And thankyou so much for seeding me some seeds as well. I'm going to so enjoy learning about them and growing them. And my friends Kathy and Janice really love the stamps. Take Care.

Loz, I don't know how often in recent years I've done something like that. Don't worry I've got everything covered I think. I'm just glad we were able to do the exchange. Many wonderful seeds have come in already and I get more everyday.

-
 -
by penny in ontario on October 20, 2006 08:03 PM
My seeds left this morning Tammy....so you should see them mid next week.

-
 -

-
by angelblossom on October 21, 2006 03:11 AM
I mailed mine this afternoon Tammy ! [thumb]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by tkhooper on October 21, 2006 03:25 AM
thanks Penny and Angelblossom.

Hey Sybil I received your envelope today with 100 packets. I've been working on it since I got home and have choosen 40 packets for you already. I hope you will be please with my selections.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 21, 2006 06:08 AM
By the way I'll be sending it back to you in a different envelope than the sasbe you sent. Would you believe they won't fit in that one lol.

-
 -
by Bestofour on October 21, 2006 07:15 AM
I'm out of the hospital - hopefully for good this time. If I can get my act together I want to join the trade please.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by sibyl on October 21, 2006 10:52 AM
thank you Tammy
ill send you more stamps.40 packets!!!cant wait till i get em and see whats all in em [grin] [clappy] [grin]

Best of Four
the more the marrier! still plenty of time, we got till the 27th

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 21, 2006 07:11 PM
Sibyl, You don't need to send more stamps. I'll just tape your envelope to the outside of the envelope I use. I get very creative when mailing things. I'm sure the postoffice doesn't love me for it but they do deliver my packages lol.

Bestoffour I'm so glad you are out of hospital. And that you are able to join the Fall Fling. I'll look forward to seeing your package. And I'll pm you my address just incase you can't find it.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 21, 2006 10:48 PM
I'm excited I've just finished adding some more seed packets to everyones envelopes. So I'm right up there where I should be. I would say that it took all morning to update the master list but it's well worth the effort. It keeps me motivated and shows my progress which is a real boon.

From everything I've read we may not get any hycinth bean vine. So everyone that put those on your wish list be prepared not to receive them. Other than that I think we are doing very well. I even had a packet of aquatic plant seeds come in. I wish there had been more but I was able to give one person that off of their wish list which was cool.

Can you tell how much I enjoy doing this? I bet you can. I'm so happy that Bill let me do this. He's so cool. Well have a good day everyone. I did send out one package today. It was one of the smaller packets but I can't remember who just now. So someone will be in for a surprise lol. hehehe I'm so bad.

-
 -
by loz on October 22, 2006 12:17 AM
Tammy, I'm so glad you're enjoying doing this--you're doing a really great job at it! [kissies]

I did get (I think) 3 packets of white hyacinth beans in my envelope....just not any purple this year--stupid frost. [Razz] Sooo, hopefully someone will get them that wanted hyacinth vines.

Let me know if my stuff won't fit all in one envelope....if so I'll send you another one with more postage.... [flower]
by kennyso on October 22, 2006 12:31 AM
Wow Loz! 3 packet of white hyacinth beans, guess I might be able to get some!

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by kennyso on October 22, 2006 12:32 AM
Tammy, I forgot to say, I sent one packet and you know how I got one back, I though I would just stick with sending one, but guess what? I forgot to put your seeds in! So I ended up sending you the second package as well! Have you gotte nmy first one yet?

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by tkhooper on October 22, 2006 01:29 AM
Kennyso, Your seeds arrived today. And I think you will be pleased with your package. It is shaping up pretty well.

-
 -
by kennyso on October 22, 2006 02:04 AM
I'm surprised they arrived so soon and intact! I sent tiger lily bulblets to another member and she told me that customs got them and destroyed them. Thanks Tammy for organizing this, you should expect another package from me soon!

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by tkhooper on October 22, 2006 02:10 AM
Hey Loz, Got your seeds today. And you must have heard me all the way over in Maryland hoping for certain types of seeds to come in. Your selection will definitely help fill some wish list items. Thankyou so much for your seeds. And thankyou for the avon as well. That was very sweet of you. The moisturizer is going to come in handy working with the envelopes. For some reason paper always drys out my skin.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 22, 2006 02:28 AM
Hi LandofOz your envelope arrived today too. And you fulfilled several wish list items too. So thankyou for your inspired choices of seeds. I'll be working on the packets tomorrow to try and catch up with what was sent in today. I think I've done about all I can today.

Your all doing great.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 22, 2006 02:33 AM
Kennyso,

I'll be on the lookout for the other package. Please don't set your heart of the hycinth bean. I'm going to draw lots for the ones that come in. There have been many requests.

-
 -
by kennyso on October 22, 2006 02:45 AM
Don't worry about the hyacinth beans, I know how hard it is when there are only a few packets and lots of people want them.

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by LandOfOz on October 22, 2006 03:46 AM
Tammy, I'm so glad that you got my seeds already! I'm even more glad that there were some people who wanted them.

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by loz on October 22, 2006 04:18 AM
[flower] Glad you got the seeds so fast! I figured they'd get there today! [thumb] YW for the Avon....hope that you have fun swapping out all the seeds! [grin]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: fall crops?| Next thread: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: