The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Rosemary turning brown!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Rosemary question......| Next thread: Roses »
Back to Thread index
by zelinda on December 23, 2004 07:30 PM
Hello,
I'm worried about my rosemary. I brought it in for the winter several weeks ago. It sits by a window that gets morning sun. The lower leaves are turning brown. I'm wondering if this is a normal behavior during winter, and maybe they'll grown back? This is my first year gardening, so I don't know how rosemary behaves during winter.

It also has a lot of new growth.

Your advise is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Zelinda.
by melcon6 on December 23, 2004 08:59 PM
I bring my rosemary in for the winter, and I think the brown may be an adjustment to not as much light as it was getting, although mine hasn't done that. One thing I know is they like it fairly cool so drafty window or cold room are better and I keep it fairly dry, only water when needed. Good luck!

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by suzydaze on January 06, 2005 08:12 PM
mine is turning brown on the bottom too. It's been really warm here up til today and so on warmer days I have been sitting mine out side. I think mostly they need to be repotted. I won't be able to re pot til spring.

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Rosemary question......| Next thread: Roses »
Back to Thread index