The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

tea roses

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Tea Rose needs to move...| Next thread: Tea Tree »
Back to Thread index
by sibyl on October 07, 2006 09:29 PM
has any one ever dug up and moved their tea roses? i was thinking about moving mine, but im scared id put em in shock or something, any advice?

-
 -
by SpringFever on October 07, 2006 09:36 PM
Hi I have moved mine and they did fine..I would wait till early spring when they are dorment though..

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by sibyl on October 08, 2006 09:41 AM
yep! the tea roses are on my spring list to dos, i want to put em were my annual bed is, cause it gets more sun,

-
 -
by Rosepetal on October 12, 2006 10:07 AM
Sibyl,

Don't forget to cover the ground around your roses for the winter. Where I live it gets too cold for tea roses to survive if you don't cover them up.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by sibyl on October 12, 2006 10:45 AM
Rosepetal,
yep! it gets to cold here to, they didnt do so well this year, i think its from a tree near by, hogging up the sun light,

-
 -
by Rosepetal on October 13, 2006 02:51 AM
Sibyl

I've never been able to keep tea roses in the ground longer then the first year. So this year I tried one in a pot on the porch. It was just beautiful.

Next year I'm hoping to see some more beautiful blooms.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by sibyl on October 13, 2006 11:11 AM
Rosepetal,
mine been in the ground for a few years now, ive noticed the pink on the end bloomes the best, its farthest from the tree, their big eaters so i think the trees also been hoggin the food, do you put your coffee,tea grounds, and bannapeels in with your tearoses? i hear they do very well in pots, maybe ill put mine in pots instead, i had to condition the soil were their at now, pots would be easier, what kind of tea rose do you have?

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Tea Rose needs to move...| Next thread: Tea Tree »
Back to Thread index