The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

dead roses?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Dead Pachira?| Next thread: deadhead daffodils? »
Back to Thread index
by magic612 on September 05, 2004 01:21 AM
I bought a cute little red rose bush from walmart about a month ago. It looked very healthy when I got it. I potted it in a pot and left it in the house. I have a big plant room, all my other plants thrive in there so I assumed the condition for roses would be the same.

Anyway, they have all turned brown and there's basically nothing left to it.

Is there anything I can still do, or is this poor little sucker dead? HELP!
by Lily789 on September 06, 2004 02:03 AM
Are the stems still green and have some dormant "buds" on it? If so, then your rose is all right. My indoor rose dropped all its leaves in autumn. I stared at a bunch of green stems for a couple of months. Then in spring, it put out new leaves from the dormant buds and soon filled out into a beautiful, healthy plant. It's part of the growth cycle... [Wink]

If it has no leaves and the stems are brown, then it's probably dead. You should consider the following:

overwatering, underwatering, diseases, wrong amount of light,etc. Many causes lead to plant deaths.

~Lily
by magic612 on September 06, 2004 03:13 PM
thank you so much!

The stem is still green so it must just be dormant. I'm so glad you told me, or I would have thrown it out! [Embarrassed]
by kari on September 06, 2004 07:31 PM
I have a veteran's honor rose bush outside, and this year has not been the best year for it. It has only bloomed once so far and it's now September. I noticed rescently that it has black spots on the leaves and they eventually turn yellow and then die. What is this? Can I save my rose bush?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Dead Pachira?| Next thread: deadhead daffodils? »
Back to Thread index