The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

help - geese attack!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by Jon on June 23, 2004 07:01 PM
Hi. I'm having to wonder if the geese destroyed my watermelons and marigolds. In the past two days my geese literally attacked two melon plants and the marigolds - taking all leaves and flowers. Dummy me, I didn't fence the plants because the geese and ducks had been totally ignoring them. I had no problems with them going after the grass weeds and such - but - - this hit hard.

Besides water and some belated TLC - any suggestions (and fencing of course - - the geese almost got me upset enough to forget they were already named [Mad] [Mad] but they are safe for now.

Jon
by Back Mountain NEPA on June 23, 2004 08:01 PM
They do sell pellets to discourage geese from certain areas, so you may just want to place them around your garden. Also--and, this may sound weird--I just noticed that at a local pond that had been swarming with geese a few days ago, both adult and young, someone placed 2 fake swans on the water. No geese since then. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: