The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Coleus

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Coleus| Next thread: Coleus...do i like them or not??? »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on July 21, 2005 05:26 AM
This is the first time I've ever had coleus with leaves this size so I thought I would try to show them off.

-

I am so happy with these. Can you believe these are those little tiny sprouts I had in April.
by Torby on July 24, 2005 09:57 AM
My dad always liked those. They were all over the house, and he always had cups and glasses of water with tinfoil tops rooting leaves.

Figure on putting some in the indoor train garden.
by cinta on July 24, 2005 02:06 PM
I love coleus. I am going to try to keep some alive this winter indoors. You have a nice one. Is that a chocolate color?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by tkhooper on July 24, 2005 10:50 PM
It's actually a very deep purple. I've found that they like to stay on the moist side. And I've always kept them inside so I don't think you'll have any problem with that.

I think they would be great with the trains. Don't forget to continue posting pictures.
by JV on July 28, 2005 08:21 AM
Tammy I keep my Coleus on my covered porch gets morning sun all spring until I have to bring them in the house around November or so. You have seen them as I think I oposted some before if not you can go to my photobucket and see them. I had seven have given most to my mother and sister as they like them. My mother is in the assisted living home so they got a bunch there and my sister has them in her sewing room and her little greenhouse. You will notice the leaves some are wide.
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by tkhooper on July 28, 2005 08:27 AM
Yes, I have seen yours JV I think they are wonderful. It's nice of you to share them. There are the first ones I have every done from seeds. I have always bought the starter plants before.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Coleus| Next thread: Coleus...do i like them or not??? »
Back to Thread index