The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Indoor Palms

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: indoor palms| Next thread: Indoor peace lily »
Back to Thread index
by jgeoff on June 13, 2005 01:23 AM
Hey. I am new to gardening and am only really doing this for one reason, because I love tropical plants. I love looking at them and think they are great.

The only problem is, I live in New York, where we don't have too many tropical plants. I want to plant my own tropical plants(specifically palm plants) in my house.

I need to know if most types of palsm can grow indoors. I want to buy seeds but dont want them to die or anything. Thanks.

First Year Pepper Grower : Habanero, Red Chile, Jalapeno, Cayenne, Hot Banana, Hot Cherry, Tabasco, Thai, Giant Serrano, Peter, NM Big Jim, Arbol
by weezie13 on June 24, 2005 12:20 PM
To the top!!!!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by tkhooper on June 24, 2005 07:47 PM
Palms require a lot of sun. I've learned that from reading the posts on the forum. I don't think I've ever seen seeds for them but then I've never looked for that specifically either. Would you like to do a pineapple? You just take the top off and plop it in soil from what I understand. That could be a lot of fun to watch grow. I think if you goggle within the forum there is a fact sheet on it. But my mind isn't what it once was and I could be wrong. Good luck on your hunt for palm seeds.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: indoor palms| Next thread: Indoor peace lily »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: