The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Aloe Plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Aloe Plant SOS !| Next thread: Aloe Question »
Back to Thread index
Pages: 1 2
by Spider Lady on March 22, 2005 10:52 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm new here. I just repotted/divided my Aloe plant. I also read where it needs direct sunlight so moved them into sunny windows. Now some of the "leaves" (Is there a proper name for them?) are looking grayish & the tips are brown. There are new shoots coming up so maybe I shouldn't be concerned? I did read where the brown or black tips are caused by lack of water. Then I read where they should hardly be watered during the winter months. Can anyone shed some like on this? Thanks!
by tkhooper on March 22, 2005 11:01 PM
DON'T WATER lol

I just repotted my aloe too and the tips browned but that's because I over watered the larger container. If you leave it alone I bet it comes back. Did you use a cactus potting soil in your new pot? It drys out faster and is better. And does your new pot have good drainage it will need it.

I recently found out that they like wide pots. Hope this helps.

-
 -
by Spider Lady on March 22, 2005 11:07 PM
Thanks TK for the quick reply! No, I didn't use the cactus potting soil. Will need to look into it. I used the kind of pot that you fill from the bottom. I love these. And yes, it is wide & has very good drainage. So I guess I'll just watch & wait & begin watering again next month.
by tkhooper on March 23, 2005 12:37 AM
You'll know when to water. I just stick my finger in the soil down about an inch if it's dry I water if not I apologize and keep on going lol.

What else do you have? I have a jade plant and a crassula with pink edged leaves.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Aloe Plant SOS !| Next thread: Aloe Question »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: