The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Gardenias

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: gardenias.| Next thread: Gardenias »
Back to Thread index
by valangaimee on February 12, 2005 10:27 PM
New at this: I live in Maine. I bought a gardenia in November at the greenhouse and it had one beautiful flower. It has had several buds, but none seem to bloom. I have it in a moderately sunny window and have kept it moderately moist. What can I do to have flowers?
thank you.

Valangaimee
by Winter Rosebudd on February 13, 2005 01:30 AM
Hi and Welcome! I'm Winter in Southern California.

I have a mystery gardenia planted in a whiskey barrel on my porch. I was having the same problem. My local nursery sold me some powdered gardenia food that you mix with water and feed every couple months. They like part shade/part sun too. The food helped us alot and we're getting some gorgeous flowers this year.

I've never heard on keeping gardenias inside though. Maybe try moving him outside for a bit? Sorry...not of much help on that one!

-
by Amy R. on February 13, 2005 03:47 AM
hi and welcome!
i'm in southern tucson, and i've tried gardenias inside, outside, upside-down, you name it. without much luck, i might add. they have all sorts of needs in order to bloom, none of which i can recall, LOL, so i'll just post a link for you here. good luck with your plant!

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/gardenia.htm

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: gardenias.| Next thread: Gardenias »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: