The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

No baby spiders!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: no.......more ...borage left.| Next thread: No Blooms on Dahlia »
Back to Thread index
by Wally on January 04, 2005 01:05 PM
Happy New Year to all!
Hope you had a merry Christmas.
I have a question about a spider plant I've had for almost two years now.It started as a wee sprout from my mother-in-laws over grown plant and has flourished into a huge bush, but no babies!What's going on with this thing?
It's very healthy(only a few brown tips)but it seems to have stalled.I've re-potted too.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Wally.

Work hard. Play hard. Be HONEST !!!
by dgp on January 05, 2005 02:46 AM
Spider plants need to be somewhat root-bound before they start sending out spiders. If you've been potting on as the plant has been growing, that's probably the problem. On the other hand, though, you'll have a nice, large, bushy plant when it starts sending out spiders. Should be beautiful.
by TLC on January 08, 2005 01:50 AM
HI I HAVE DONE THE SAME THING I PUT THE SPIDER IN THE BATHROOM WINDOW IT GETS A LOT OF LIGHT SPRAYED THE LEAVES EVERY 2 DAYS AND THE BATHROOM IS VERY HUMID IN A MONTH I HAD A BABY STARTING I HOP THIS HELPS YOU
by Wally on January 09, 2005 03:08 PM
Thanks for the info.
I'm moving in a few weeks so I'll try the bathroom thing then.
I'll let you know.

Work hard. Play hard. Be HONEST !!!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: no.......more ...borage left.| Next thread: No Blooms on Dahlia »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: