The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Money Tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Money Tree| Next thread: Money Tree »
Back to Thread index
by minnycourt on April 07, 2004 06:30 AM
I have been reading and discovered an indoor plant called a Money Tree or it's original name Pachira Aquatica. Does anyone have one? Did it bring them any luck with fortune? I saw some online for around $10.99 and I am thinking about getting one.

You have to spend money to get money.. [Big Grin] lol ha ha ha.

Let me know.

Minnycourt

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
by Canadian CrabGrass on April 07, 2004 03:52 PM
My daughter just got one of those - a braided one. Very striking plant and so far, apart from a slight battle with fungus gnats, she hasn't had any problems.

It hasn't fruited money yet, unfortunately [Big Grin]
by lxygurl on April 15, 2004 09:27 PM
I have had one for about 9 months. I kept it on my closed porch until it got to cold. It seems to love indirect light and seems to like being watered somewhat frequent. I have not had a problem with mine so far. My sister bought one for my cousing and my sisters cat decided to have a few tastes before it was given as a gift. The poor plant was almost bare between the cat and the shock of the cold bringing it home. My cousin tried nursing it back to health and the last I heard she has several new growths. My plant seemed to grow about 2 1/2 inches in the first 3 or 4 months I had it. It doesn't seem to be doing as well right now but I finally got to move it back to the closed porch. Hopefully it will get back to good health. Good luck if you decide to get one!! [Wink]
by gardengal on April 16, 2004 12:34 AM
I have one as well. I bought it last summer for my hubby. We haven't had anything bad happen so it must be good luck! [grin] I have mine in indirect light and it has grown quite a bit, it was probably a foot tall (pot and all) and now its probably 16" or so. I bought mine for $4 at a store called Mainly Seconds here in Ca. I hope you can find one cheaper. [thumb]

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
by Connie_d on April 26, 2004 07:44 PM
This may be a stupid question, but do the little braided money trees that i have seen in the grocery store grow to full size?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Money Tree| Next thread: Money Tree »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: