The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

my new cutie

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: My New Cactus| Next thread: My New Favorite Cookie! »
Back to Thread index
by plants 'n pots on January 30, 2004 04:43 PM
Got this yesterday at the "big orange box" -
it's called Split Rock. The flower bud is supposed to rise above the plant and open into a fluffy yellow flower. [Cool]

split rock

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Jillie on January 30, 2004 05:19 PM
It IS a cutie! Looks like it's gonna bloom soon... It might resemble this one...
 -

-
 -
by Flower on January 30, 2004 05:29 PM
wow.....love that plant. I tried to grow something similar....sigh.....but they didn't grow. Sure hope yours blooms soon!

-
by catlover on January 30, 2004 06:04 PM
Hey plants....it looks like it's getting ready!!! We want pix update!!!! [thumb]

Now I want one of those tooooo!!! You guys are killing my pocket book!!! [Roll Eyes]

Jealous Catlover [wayey]

-
 -
 -
by Jiffymouse on January 30, 2004 07:29 PM
cool [thumb] can't wait to see the bloom.
by plants 'n pots on January 30, 2004 07:32 PM
Awwwww... Catlover, don't be jealous [kissies] - I only got it because it was only $2 - check out your HD. [thumb]

Jillie... is that your plant? That IS what the flower is supposed to look like, according to its tag. I thought you would know this plant, since you love succulents so much - me too! Don't have great success with them, though, I'm afraid - not enough sun year round...

Barb - I'll be sure to post a picture if this sweetie ever blooms! [thumb]

-
 -
by Jillie on January 31, 2004 03:00 PM
Morning, Lynne [wayey]
Yes, that's my stoneface blooming. We have a planting of an assortment of "living rocks" (lithops) in a wooden planter. Gotta tell, you, though....they're touchy little boogers. If their conditions aren't perfect, they'll deflate like an old balloon and go flat and wrinkley. I did a couple of them in with too much water this year. I love 'em though, the blooms are brilliant. Can't wait to see yours do its thing! [thumb]

-
 -
by catlover on January 31, 2004 05:42 PM
I have one but it really looks like a grey rock....I thought for sure I had killed it...it was all shriveled and DRY....(not enough water)....was giving the others a drink and happened to hit it as well. This was outside in the ground! Looked at it in a couple days and the thing came back to life!!!! [thumb] Hasn't bloomed yet....guess it is still mad at me!

I was doing some reading several months ago and I guess this is the way they react in the desert!!! [dunno]

-
 -
 -
by Jillie on February 01, 2004 04:41 PM
Catlover, I have a flat, shriveled one right now...Hmmmmm [thinker]

Maybe I'll go take another look at it....

-
 -
by catlover on February 01, 2004 06:52 PM
[Big Grin] Was that in the same batch as your OTHER EXOTICS!!!! [Big Grin] Sorry I just couldn't resist!!!!

I was ONLY KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is great when we can admit and laugh at our own mistakes!!! [thumb] Been there, done that!!!! Like [Embarrassed] walking smack into a clean (non streaked) sliding glass window! Took a step backwards and shook my head....to top it off my kids were right inside watching the whole thing....and laughing to nooooo end....boy did I feel STUPID....but all I could do is laugh and try to get my scrambled brains back [Frown] !!! Everytime I think about it I start laughing!!!! [Embarrassed]

That will teach me for cleaning a window!!! lol [wayey]

-
 -
 -
by Jillie on February 01, 2004 07:04 PM
SMAAAACK! I can just see it. Gawd, I've done that. [Big Grin] I've also done a really obvious hesitation at an OPEN sliding door....just in case [Confused]

-
 -
by plants 'n pots on March 02, 2004 03:06 PM
Waaaaaa - what happened to my cutie? It's all moldy looking in the middle and mushy! All the other plants in this pot are very healthy looking - for now...

Any ideas as to what could've happened?
Sorry - this is as sharp as I could get the picture...
sickie

-
 -
by Jillie on March 02, 2004 03:59 PM
Awwwe, Honey...I think she got toooo much water. [tears]
Looks like what I've done to some of mine...... [tears] [tears]
Sooooo sorry!!!!! [kissies]

-
 -
by plants 'n pots on March 02, 2004 04:12 PM
Thanks Jillie [kissies] ...

That's what I was thinking too [tears] ...
but it's odd, thankfully, that the other cacti and succulents didn't succumb to the water too.
Guess this little guy was more sensitive [dunno] ...
ah, well, it was fun while he lasted [Wink] ...

-
 -
by Jillie on March 02, 2004 04:15 PM
[tears]

-
 -
by catlover on March 02, 2004 06:24 PM
Don't give up....try again, try again, try again.....Jillie said she had worked her way through a few....you'll get it!!! [thumb]

-
 -
 -
by plants 'n pots on March 03, 2004 08:44 AM
Thanks for your words of encouragement! [kissies]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: My New Cactus| Next thread: My New Favorite Cookie! »
Back to Thread index