The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Miniature Rose Question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: miniature rose question?| Next thread: Miniature roses »
Back to Thread index
by libertybelle on May 13, 2006 09:59 AM
My mom bought me an adorable 2" miniature rose today. It already has 2 fully opened blooms on it and four buds.

Any tips on taking care of this little beauty?

Mandy
by joclyn on May 13, 2006 11:27 AM
do you know what the name of it is? did it have a tag in it?
by libertybelle on May 13, 2006 02:09 PM
It's a Parade Rose from Bloom Rite.
by tkhooper on May 14, 2006 12:39 AM
Plant it outside. They don't survive at all well inside. They can be cared for exactly like large roses and can be pruned at any time to keep there shape.

I have some of the red miniature roses and it's my hope over the comming years to be able to add the other colors of miniature roses to the garden. I think they are fantastic.

-
 -
by Rosepetal on May 14, 2006 10:44 AM
Hey libbertybelle,

Thanks for asking the question. [Big Grin]
I got one for Mother's Day and was wondering if it should stay in or go out. [thinker]
It has such cute peachy pink roses. [thumb]
Now I know!!!!! [Wink]

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by libertybelle on May 14, 2006 02:20 PM
Can they be planted in a pot outdoors?
by Rosepetal on May 14, 2006 04:47 PM
That's what I plan on doing. Will pick as close to a 5 gallon pot as I can and make sure the drainage is good. And away I go!!!!

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by tkhooper on May 15, 2006 12:59 AM
My friend tried pots outside on her balcony. It didn't work. But I don't know exactly why.

-
 -
by Questbest on May 15, 2006 04:33 AM
My experience with miniature roses is that if you keep them inside they always get spider mites -I guess from not enough aeration and maybe too warm.I have a yellow one from my grandson so I am going to put it outside as soon as the frost danger is gone.

Linda
by loz on May 15, 2006 04:36 AM
My dad bought me a yellow one years ago and I planted it outside and it did fine. They really aren't to be kept in the house....
by bettyboop1948 on May 15, 2006 11:31 AM
Hi
just to put in my 2cents the secert is to treat it as an outdoor plant keep pest away prune in winter it need's abundant light airy conditions high humidity plenty of water and remove faded bloom's to prolong the flowering season, but that is what i say
bettyboop1948
by Rosepetal on May 16, 2006 10:51 AM
Hi all

I just planted mine in the ground (decided not to do the bucket thing,) Will see how it goes.

-
 -
by tkhooper on May 19, 2006 01:45 PM
Good Luck. I'm sure it will give you years of joy.

-
 -
by lcyrose on May 24, 2006 03:14 AM
WOW! I did not know they could survive outside. I have gotten several over the years and none survived. Now I know why. On my next rescue (the almost dead plants who really only need water, but are almost ready to be thrown out by the store) I am going to get a few and plant them outside. Thats how I get most of my plants...I feel sorry for them, so I buy them...I am over run...LOL

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: miniature rose question?| Next thread: Miniature roses »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: