The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Yellow mushrooms in my dirt

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: yellow leaves on soft touch holly| Next thread: yellow palm »
Back to Thread index
by Willowbug on May 06, 2006 05:24 AM
I went to water just now and in two pots I have these small yellow mushrooms growing. I have never seen this before. They are in my older plants 4+ years, of which I do not know what the plants are. Are they to wet? Not enough light? Any help would be wonderful. I removed them and the dirt around them.
by SpringFever on May 07, 2006 12:56 AM
Sometimes you get them from the dirt if you add or transplant.. I think it is the wetness that causes them to grow .. you did the right thing to remove them ... though I don't think they will hurt anything..

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by DowntoEarth on May 07, 2006 04:56 AM
Un-sterilized soil that contained (mushroom spores) is probably where they came. The moist medium was enough for them grow.
As long as your houseplant likes moist conditions, it should be fine growing next to a few little toadstools:>)
by Willowbug on May 09, 2006 01:23 AM
Thanks, it was a shock to see them in there.
by RugbyHukr on May 09, 2006 03:07 AM
some mushroom spores take 5 years to develop into mushrooms, they were probably in the soil all this time.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: yellow leaves on soft touch holly| Next thread: yellow palm »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: