The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

yellow palm

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2002
« Prev thread: Yellow mushrooms in my dirt| Next thread: yellow potentilla »
Back to Thread index
by bullies4us2 on December 04, 2002 08:08 AM
i have a new palm tree, it's abt. 6 ft. tall. The leaves are turning yellow starting @ the top of the leaves & working it's way down to the stem. How often am I suppose to water it? Also, should I cut the 1 stem that's almost totally yellow? should i cut the yellow that's just starting @ the top of the other leaf? i hope i've given enough info. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Bullie
by Acanthus on December 09, 2002 02:46 PM
It does really depend on what type of palm it is. But for most palms, it is important not to overwater. Water when the soil is almost dry to the touch. Frequent misting with a spray bottle of water is beneficial, especially when new leaves are about to open. Fertilize every two weeks with a water soluble fertilizer.

I cut off stems that are yellow immediately. They won't green up again, and are serving no purpose to the plant once they turn solid yellow.

If you could post what type of palm you have, I might be able to help you with more specific info.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Yellow mushrooms in my dirt| Next thread: yellow potentilla »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: