The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

philodendron leaves

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: philodendron emerald queen| Next thread: Philodendron name? »
Back to Thread index
by margaret e. pell on March 31, 2006 07:04 AM
Hi, all. I have a philodendron "Moonlight" that I got from GlasshouseWorks about 4 years ago. It's one of the large kind, probably wants to be a 25' vine up some amazon tree. I repotted it today. It didn't need repotting, it needed better support, but the piece of wood it's going to climb on needed to be anchored deeply enough to support the weight of itself and the vine. Anyway, along with everything else, I washed its leaves which had gotten qutie dusty. I've seen several types and brands of leaf sprays that are supposed to make the leaves stay shiny. I don't give a fig for artificially induced shine, but the pot is now heavy enough that I can't take it out for a bath without help anymore. Are any of these sprays actually good for the plant? I'm sure it would like to be less dusty than it sometimes gets. Anyone tried these sprays? What do you-all think?

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by gardeningmomma on March 31, 2006 08:34 AM
I just use tap water in a spray bottle. This works pretty well at keeping the dust at bay. Occasionally, I wipe the leaves with a wet cloth. I've never tried the sprays, but am interested to see what results other people have with them.
Gail

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: philodendron emerald queen| Next thread: Philodendron name? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: