The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Rotting Aloes

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by jaytea on March 17, 2006 10:49 AM
I recently acquired a very pot-bound Aloe plant. There is a huge mother plant and many babies. I just took the plants out of the pot today and noticed that many of the babies have brown mushy leaves. I noticed a few of them only have the mush on the outside, but there are some that the mush is in the very center and not on the outside. Also, a lot of them don't have roots. Are any of these plants savable and how should I treat them?
Thank you!
jt
by Erich on March 17, 2006 01:26 PM
Unfortunately, there doesn't sound like there is much you can do with them. Your best bet might be attempting to propagate the healthy ones and dispose of the rest.
by patches1414 on March 17, 2006 03:06 PM
It sounds like maybe they were getting too much water and it was rotting the roots and depriving them of oxygen. I agree that I don't think you can save the ones that are mushy in the center, so I would just concentrate on the other ones.

patches [kitty]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: