The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

New Too

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: new to xmas cactus| Next thread: New Vegetable Garden Help »
Back to Thread index
by doeayes on August 14, 2005 12:35 AM
Hi,

I have tried to search for a few items and hope i can get the help or links to help here.

I currently live in the new orleans area.

Question one is regarding my calla lillies: i have let them form seed pods....okay now what to i do? they are getting paler green. I have friend who would like a pod, but i don't know the condition to give them to her and perhaps directions on planting and etc. cuz it will be two year before she sees flowers, correct? I want to take some of the seeds and plant them in a very watery place and i heard just let the seeds do their thing then push 'em in the ground and let them go. Is that correct?

Question two: we are moving to San Diego at the end of the year (2005). What plants are allowed in the state? I have my lillies as tubers and some as bulbs, daffodils as bulbs, and then i assume my roses will not be able to make the trip because they'll have some foilage at the time. I don't want to forget the plumeria as well.

Sorry to be so long winded. TIA for any help.

jeannie
by loz on August 14, 2005 02:20 AM
Hi Jeannie, I'm going to move your post to the plants and flowers section where you will receive more replies....thanks for joining us!

Laura
by doeayes on August 14, 2005 02:33 AM
Thanks Laura,

I know that this was a loooooong first post, but i guess i sniffed a little too much fungicide (gotta love black spot) today [Smile] ..

jeannie

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: new to xmas cactus| Next thread: New Vegetable Garden Help »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: