The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Help!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Help!| Next thread: HELP!!!!! »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on July 24, 2006 05:55 AM
My church just landscaped their acre + and the plants are not doing well.

They have asked me for help. And no matter how many times I've explained that I'm a beginner I do what to help if possible.

I'm assuming that they have a standard contract with the landscapers and that anything that dies in the first 90 days to one year they are obliged to replace.

I've asked the Second Counselor to look into that right off. As well as get me a list of all the plants that were used. I could only recognize a few of them. Those I'll be listing here and there and everywhere to try and get help with.

I'm excited and just scared spitless all at the same time.

-
 -
by weezie13 on July 24, 2006 06:00 AM
Yes, but what fun...
And GOD is saying to you,
You've come a longgg way Tammy!!!

Get someone to take lot's of pictures for us..

And get to posting...
We'll ALL be veryyyyyyyyy glad to help!!! [grin] [angel] [kissies] [clappy] [thumb] [flower] [wavey]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by tkhooper on July 24, 2006 06:16 AM
I go to the church on Tuesday so I will take the camera with me. It's only 19 pictures per use but I'll try to make them each count.

I can only I dentify some of the plants. I know they put a huge hosta on the north side of the building, and I can identify the rhoddies, azeala, Juniper, cone flowers, and ornamental grasses but once we get past that I'm at a loss. I think they might have put a camilla bush out but I'm not sure. And there may be some heather. Anyway I've got my fingers crossed that you all can help me out.

-
 -
by Karrie on July 24, 2006 09:52 AM
TK we are all here for you and I know we all will do what we can to help you out, some with their great knowledge of plants and others with prayrs. What a wonderful thing to be a part of.

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by patches1414 on July 24, 2006 11:41 PM
Tammy, that sounds very exciting and interesting. I don't know how much help I will be, but I will try to do what I can. Of course, I'm sure you'll be getting a lot of help from Someone whose a lot higher up than any of us. [Wink] [thumb] [Big Grin]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by tkhooper on July 25, 2006 01:01 AM
Well I sent off the first e-mail yesterday after I read Bills fact sheets.

I'm going to cross my fingers and hoping the rhodies and azeala recover from the sunburn. And I'll water Tuesday morning before I start my volunteer work at the family history center.

Hopefully some one will be willing to come in on Thursday & Saturday mornings and water but if not I'll have to see if I can do that two. At least they have hoses lol.

-
 -
by Longy on July 25, 2006 01:04 AM
Hey TK. While you're there, grab a shovel and have a look at the soil they are planted in. You know what good soil looks, feels and smells like right? SO check it out. If lots of plants are crook there's something fundamentally wrong. SO go back to basics. It ain't hard.

-
The secret is the soil.
by tkhooper on July 25, 2006 01:37 AM
They put down landscape fabric and then put shredded mulch on top of it. But I do plant on displacing some of it so I can see if they amended the soil for the rhodies and azeala's since they are both acid loving. Cause your right it seems strange that it is mostly the acid loving plants that are really getting beaten up. Although the heat wave right after they were planted probably didn't help at all. Plus that there was no one there to give them the care they need right after transplanting like watering.

-
 -
by Longy on July 25, 2006 10:49 PM
it seems strange that it is mostly the acid loving plants that are really getting beaten up. Although the heat wave right after they were planted probably didn't help at all. Plus that there was no one there to give them the care they need right after transplanting like watering.
+++++++++++++++++++
So you already know the probable causes of the problems. You got it in the bag TK. Go get it!

-
The secret is the soil.
by melcon6 on July 25, 2006 11:51 PM
I'm really surprised that the landscaper didn't either A. Water in the new plantings real well for the first two weeks OR B. Instruct the contact person at the church on the importance of watering in new transplants!

Do you have acidic soil there, naturally?

I'm really proud of you , Tammy, the church know a garden gem when they see one! [thumb]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Help!| Next thread: HELP!!!!! »
Back to Thread index