The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

STARGAZER LILIES

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by queenpeavey on September 05, 2004 12:15 AM
Please help!! I have wanted to grow stargazer lilies for quite some time, but have had no luck. The first bulbs did not grow at all. The bulbs I planted last year grew and formed buds, but the rabbits ate them. This year they have grown back, but are very small and I have not seen any buds form yet. Is there a secret to growing these treasures?

THANKS! SANDRA
by gardenmom32210 on September 05, 2004 02:28 AM
Hi! Sandra...Welcome to the forum [wayey]

Did the rabbits eat all of the leaves too? If so that might explain why they are growing,but small. Bulbs need the leaves for energy for the next years growth. If thats the problem then you need to keep the rabbits away,then you'll have bigger,stronger plants next year.

Hope this helps [flower]

Karen [grin]
by woodenlisten on September 06, 2004 09:46 PM
Hi,
The rabbits like the tender new shoots that first emerge from the ground. They tend to leave the plants alone after they get about 8 inches high.
I borrowed live traps and then took them for a ride to a teachers house who once gave me a "D"
But you could do the same for your tax assessor, Plumber who overcharged, Dr who poked you harshly, policeman who gave you a ticket....the list is endless. You will sleep better too, because it is hard to snore with a smile on your face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A good friend knows the song in your heart and reminds you of the words when you forget!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: