The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

star jasmine vine - want to nurture back

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: star jasmine| Next thread: STARGAZER LILIES »
Back to Thread index
by mangowife on June 25, 2006 07:09 PM
My first post!

I'm a novice gardener. I have a star jasmine vine in a pot, purchased last summer from Costco. It did well last summer, but things have been quite busy at work recently and I'm ashamed to say that I've neglected it. [Frown] I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the weather has turned HOT in the past few days. There is direct late afternoon sun for about 1-2 hours.

I had a chance to tend to it today, and many of the tendrils were brown and many leaves were dry. I removed the dead leaves and also cleaned out the leaves that were laying on top of the soil, and also trimmed the dry tendrils. Then I gave it a good watering.

I hope I can save the plant. My question is, how do I know if it's too late? How do I know if I'll need to do something special or different to nurture it back to health?

Thanks in advance!
by Longy on June 25, 2006 09:07 PM
You've done pretty much everything you need to do. If there is still some green in the stems then you'll be OK. MAybe put the plant out of hot afternoon sunlight for a few weeks and make sure you don't let it dry out. For a novice gardener, you've done really well. Maybe you're a natural greenthumb!

-
The secret is the soil.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: star jasmine| Next thread: STARGAZER LILIES »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: