The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

YUMMY salmon burgers!

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: yummy mints :-)| Next thread: Yummy Yummy Strawberries »
Back to Thread index
by plants 'n pots on October 04, 2006 10:37 AM
I was watching Martha Stewart this morning, and she had Evelyn Lauder as a guest for Breast Cancer Awareness month. She is Estee Lauder's DIL, and senior corporate vice president of the company. She has a cancer center at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in NYC, and has donated multi-millions to cancer research.

So, she was on Martha's show cooking what looked like delicious salmon burgers from all fresh ingredients. The point being that all the ingredients were good for you, and fresh and healthy. The interesting thing is that you use whole fresh salmon, making 1 inch cubes, and putting it in the food processor to make it like ground meat.

I made this recipe very easily, and we all loved it here. Don and Amy agreed that I should make it again, so I thought I'd share it with you all.

salmon burgers

Enjoy! [kitty]

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Tonya on October 04, 2006 06:56 PM
Betcha Cindy'll love this one! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Seriously- it sounds really good! Thanks, Lynne!

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by weezie13 on October 04, 2006 07:49 PM
I watched them make that..
*I've gotta enter that KB House giveaway*

I make Salmon patties..
We use can Bumble~Bee Red Salmon, an egg and crackers..
Real plain and basic...
Open the egg, crush up about 4 or 5 crackers
in the egg... let it sit for a bit and soak up the egg..
then the can of salmon...
And fry up...

I like mine a little thinner and crispier than they had it...
mother likes it the other way,
so it's alot moister...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by afgreyparrot on October 04, 2006 08:10 PM
YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM! [grin]

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by plants 'n pots on October 04, 2006 08:24 PM
Weezie - my mom always used the cans to make hers when we were young, but my sister and I couldn't stand them because the cans usually have the bones in it. Don even mentioned that yesterday, when I told him on the phone that I was making it for dinner - he said don't bother if you're going to use the can!!! [shocked] [Frown] [Razz] I especially liked that all the ingredients were fresh - I was going to make salmon for dinner anyway!

These were so very yummy, and you can make them as cripsy and thin as you like too - just flatten them down more while frying. [Wink]

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by weezie13 on October 04, 2006 09:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by plants 'n pots:
Weezie - my mom always used the cans to make hers when we were young, but my sister and I couldn't stand them because the cans usually have the bones in it.
I hear the music from "Psycho" when you say that..
quote:
Originally posted by plants 'n pots:
I couldn't stand them because the cans usually have the bones in it.
THAT'S WHERE THE CALCIUM IS FOR YOUR BONES...

When I first started cooking and of course you always cook stuff your mom did, Salmon patties where one of my first.. and as you most know I am a pickie~pickie eater... and I always knew she put that stuff in, but it TURNED MY STOMACH to put it in.. [Razz] but when I would leave out the bones and grey slimey skins out, it just didn't taste right, it was yuckie...
So, I sucked it up, and I just mash the sh!t out of all of that stuff, making sure to get all the bones' pieces~ dilagently squished every last piece. it takes awhile.. but I do get it done..
and I suffer even lookin' at it.. but I like the taste, and it's worth it.. [thumb] [thumb]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Karrie on October 10, 2006 09:52 AM
I use can salmon as well same recipe as Weezie, except I do try to get the majority of the bones out. The rest I smash the tar out of as well. These and fried taters are one of my kids favorite meals. My son is especially fond of that meal. I also have to have macaroni and stewed maters with this meal. YUMMM

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: yummy mints :-)| Next thread: Yummy Yummy Strawberries »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: