The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

pumpkin problems!!!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Pumpkin problem| Next thread: pumpkin problems »
Back to Thread index
by Debra on July 24, 2004 04:28 AM
I have planted pumpkins for the first time this year. I knew about hand pollinating, and I have gotten about four pumpkins to take so far, however, now the new fruits start to grow, but die before the bloom opens to pollinate. What am I doing wrong? I water them every evening because of the heat here in Fresno and I use miracle grow once a week. The plants themselves are huge and appear to be growing still. I did have a problem with what I think was a melon aphid problem, but I cut the infected leaves away and sprayed with insecticide. HELP!!! I really wanted pumpkins this year.....

Debra
by Phil and Laura on July 24, 2004 03:21 PM
the females "could be" aborting from the daily watering. Pollinating when the temps are hot is hard, Let me give you this link...But don't run off WE LIKE YOU HERE WITH US!!!, this will answer any pumpkin Question you have,Home page will have links, go to message board and while you are there go to the Grower's Diaries..and SEE all The Giant Pumpkins Look at my pics too(mr.Bumpy), There are several growers from your area, click on:
All You Ever Wanted to Know about PUMPKINS!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Pumpkin problem| Next thread: pumpkin problems »
Back to Thread index