The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Softwood Cuttings

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Soft Yucca Plant| Next thread: soggy bottom »
Back to Thread index
by Bill on July 05, 2006 02:29 AM
by obywan59 on July 05, 2006 02:31 AM
Wow, that was pretty quick, Bill!

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by tkhooper on July 05, 2006 04:46 AM
I am happy to say that I planted one of my Chrysanthimum cuttings today. It's so cool to see roots on that little baby. I wish I hadn't lost track of whether it was a yellow or a bronze one but I did. From that bunch of cuttings I had 2 out of 9 root and grow. That's better than the seeds did. I didn't get any sprouts from that.

-
 -
by imarose on August 26, 2006 02:34 PM
I want to start my own butterfly bush from cuttings, would softwood cuttings work for this?
by sibyl on October 03, 2006 10:50 AM
i tried that with my tea roses, it turned to moldy stuff and died. i dont know if it was my knife, or the soil, or mabe i waterd too much?? im thinking all above. next year im gonna boil water to dip my knife in, use stirle potting soil insead of regular potting soil and try not to water so much

-
 -
by roflol on October 13, 2006 02:53 AM
I just got in the mail a box full of vigna caracalla cuttings from Colorado, they look pretty healthy except the blooms have all fallen off. I am going to give this a try - I have a fresh bag of potting soil to use.

I had read on davesgarden that somebody else in a colder zone takes cuttings every fall and keeps their vine "going" that way.

Here's hoping.

[flower]
by aighead on November 12, 2006 02:49 PM
sibyl, I would think cleaning your knife (or preferrably razor blade) with rubbing alcohol may work more to your advantage. I don't have a lot of cutting experience, but I would think an Exacto style blade would probably work well. I can't wait to start attempting some cuttings this coming spring!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Soft Yucca Plant| Next thread: soggy bottom »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: