The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Watering

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Watering| Next thread: watering African Violets »
Back to Thread index
by pogita on April 20, 2006 07:47 AM
Hi! I have a VFT (as i mentioned in my other post [wavey] ) and I was wondering whether or not i should water it. I have it in a plastic jar w/ ventilation holes. There is condensation on the sides. I heard that you don't need to water it if it is in a terrarium, but i just wanted to make sure [thumb] and if I do water it, can i use water that is "filtered for purity by reverse osmosis and then enhanced with minerals for...taste" (it's the kirkland signature brand) I'm not sure if it says low sodium but I cannot find it. Minerals that are added include potassium bicarbonate, calcium citrate, sodium chloride etc. Anything would help! [flower]
by NewtothePot on April 20, 2006 09:02 AM
I'm not sure what the experts here say, but I wouldn't. The sodium chloride is table salt, and isn't too healty for a VFT. Just my opinion.
by Amber J on April 20, 2006 02:23 PM
Yes, absolutely water it! Use distilled water. The additives in "filtered" water are the exact reason why you should not use it for your VFT.
by puddingned94 on May 08, 2006 09:18 AM
it depends on how much water is in there you should keep the soil moist

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Watering| Next thread: watering African Violets »
Back to Thread index