The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Problem with my Aloe Plants Gel

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Problem with Dhalia| Next thread: Problem with my croton »
Back to Thread index
by ShazzieMc on April 24, 2006 10:52 AM
Hello, I really need someone to help me.I have an Aloe plant that is about 2 1/2 years old,it is growing great,has about 3 new babies on it,and I thought it was fine. Then I took a piece off for a burn and the gel is YELLOW. I don't know what is wrong. I have never seen that before.I really hope someone can help me I love this plant.

" Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediorce minds"
~ Albert Einstein ~
by Jiffymouse on April 24, 2006 03:07 PM
as long as the gel doesn't smell bad, it is ok. i've had them with the gel be yellow, orange and green, as well as nearly clear.
by ShazzieMc on April 24, 2006 03:10 PM
So you think its safe to use?I just took another look at it and it does look a little dull(the entire plant that is).One other question too!! When should I repot it?

" Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediorce minds"
~ Albert Einstein ~
by Jiffymouse on April 24, 2006 03:12 PM
i've used it as long as it doesn't smell bad.

i don't repot mine unless they are toppling out of the pot.
by Wendy Giro on May 13, 2006 06:54 AM
The yellow gel is what gives the color to the leaf and it has a strong smell, this is normal. All you need to do is peel off the leaf and use the crystal inside. This crystal should be clear and is not supposed to have any smell. Is ok to keep the remaining crystal inside the fridge for a couple of days as long as it is in a covered container.

"No hay sitio mas hermoso que el lugar donde creci."

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Problem with Dhalia| Next thread: Problem with my croton »
Back to Thread index