The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Newbee's for 2/18/06

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by JV on February 19, 2006 04:07 AM
Here are todays buys. All in one Photo.
 - Sorry couldn't get a better shot. The Jade is 8 inch's tall the Aloe's tallest leaf is 15 inch's I have split the Aloe three times before taking this can divide again no problem. The cabbage were $1.47 ea. Don't you just hate it when you pass a nursery they force you to come in and buy more then you need or can afford. [Big Grin]
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by peppereater on February 19, 2006 04:15 AM
Jimmy, I hate that. What bullies! When I go to Wal-mart, Lowe's or anywhere, they grab me by the arm and drag me to the nursery section every time. I almost bought another rose yesterday at Kmart, they had those darn things right by the cash register! Then I noticed they were $4.99, and decided to wait.
What were you doing out in this weather today anyway?

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by tkhooper on February 19, 2006 04:24 AM
I try so hard to stick to my wishlist but it never works. So I know just how you all feel. I still want an epi. That's number 1 on my list. All I have to do if figure out where I can put it lol.

-
 -
by plants 'n pots on February 19, 2006 06:34 AM
Very NICE JV!!!

Interesting... the ones you call cabbage - they call it flowering kale here and it is only sold in the Fall and is not hardy here. They sell only huge ones that people plant for their autumn plantings and it lasts barely through the first snowfall.

The jade is soooo shiny and healthy looking!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by peppereater on February 19, 2006 07:02 AM
Lynne, they're called interchangeably flowering cabbage or flowering kale here. They will overwinter, and sometimes last 2 years...I let them bolt, and they attract white cabbage moth butterflies! The larva eat them up, then I cut them back, and they look good again by fall!

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by margaret e. pell on February 19, 2006 07:16 AM
Arghhh!!! Spring is coming and I'll "have" to get more plants! The inside ones will go out and then inside will look so bare [tears] . But then fall comes....

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by JV on February 19, 2006 09:30 AM
Lynne they had kale also looks a lot like this but I don't like Kale and it would all look the same except for the rag leaf look of the kale.
I agree Dave they do very well here; Last one I had was 4 years old when we sold the other place they wanted them next thing you know they had dug uo all the roses and everything to put a swingset up right in the front door. had at least 50 foot between the house and the fence. Make me very [Mad]
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by jonni13 on February 19, 2006 10:33 AM
I don't like to go back and look at my old homes, Jimmy. They are never 'right' even if it is truly an improvement.

~Tina
 -
 -
 -
Getting old is the pits. But it sure beats the alternative. My Blog

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: