The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Nellie Mosser Clematis all in its glory..

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: neighbor's tree roots!| Next thread: Nematodes »
Back to Thread index
by dodge on June 09, 2006 01:00 PM
Wanted to share the beauty of my Nellie Mosser clematis.. (Today)......She is really ruffling her feathers>>>>..leaves.
It is the prettiest on I have.

Thanks for looking..

dodge

aka

barb [clappy] [clappy] [flower]

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by patches1414 on June 09, 2006 09:32 PM
Barb, I don't know if something is wrong here, [dunno] but I'm not seeing a picture or link to click! [Frown]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by johnCT on June 10, 2006 12:21 AM
Looking at what?! [Big Grin] [dunno]

Yeah, my Nelly is also blooming now along with Niobe.

John - Zone 6
by dodge on June 11, 2006 01:09 AM
 -

Here's Nellie again.......

That was an OOPSSSSSSSSSSS

dodge [Big Grin]

-
 -
by joclyn on June 11, 2006 03:15 PM
beautiful, barb!

i wish mine looked that nice! it's been done with the blooms for a couple of weeks now...and i only got 4 this year and they were smaller than they should have been...
by Squirrel on June 11, 2006 03:30 PM
Joclyn, I think it is the weather this Spring. Mine isn`t giving it`s usual show. [Frown] Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by joclyn on June 11, 2006 05:19 PM
i'd also say that would be the reason for mine not doing well...mine's NEVER looked that good. even when the weather is what it's supposed to be.

plus, we're all in pennsy...i really think i'm doing something wrong. it was terrific the two years and it's been downhill ever since.

heya, barb!!! tell us your secret!!
by patches1414 on June 11, 2006 09:23 PM
Barb, don't you just love [Love] the Nelly Moser? I have one in my SE bed and I just recently found out the name of it. So I would have to say of all the Clematic I have it is definitely my favorite, but perhaps that's because I have a real passion for pink flowers! [Wink] When the sun is out it shows up as a brighter pink, but this was taken on a cloudy day! [Frown]

Here is a picture my Nelly Moser.

-

I just got Dr. Ruppel this year, so I'm anxious to see how it compares, but I think it is going to be a deeper pink.

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by dodge on June 12, 2006 03:00 AM
Thanks everyone...........
No secret at all...Just planted it and didnt cut it back like some folks do......Several years old.. I dont even feed it like I should..
Patches ,

I think yours is a different shade.?// Mine is pink and white.....But is is prettier than mine.

b

dodge

-
 -
by plants 'n pots on June 12, 2006 03:31 AM
Patti - that is STUNNING!!!
Yours too, Barb!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Jiffymouse on June 12, 2006 11:20 AM
makes me want to go get one...
by patches1414 on June 12, 2006 11:35 AM
quote:
makes me want to go get one...
Jiffy, I don't think you would be disappointed if you got one. [Wink] This is, by far, the one people seem to notice first because it's so striking with the dark pink stripe and pale pink framing the edges. I love it! [Love]

-
 -
by Squirrel on June 12, 2006 02:56 PM
Just beautiful. If mine doesn`t come around next year, I`m going to thash it and get a "Nellie". [lala] Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: neighbor's tree roots!| Next thread: Nematodes »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: