The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Flowers moved inside for winter

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Flowers in the Conservatory| Next thread: flowers on my basil »
Back to Thread index
by Jimmy V on November 19, 2006 10:29 AM
Here are some photo's of my flowers and some pepper plants I moved in for winter after it got to 40 one night. you can tell I don't have a wife to tell me I'll get shot for bringing them in the house.
Hall view
From other direction
Morning Glory Tree lower blooms
This next blooms are about 7 foot high Morning glory Tree top Blooms

- Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.
 - GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops! Jimmy's Photos
 - Jimmy's Blog
by Jimmy V on November 19, 2006 10:33 AM
Living Room view
Right side of Kitchen window
Front of Kitchen and my table no place to eat
Left Kitchen window

- Jimmy's Blog
by loz on November 19, 2006 10:52 AM
Holy WOW!!!! That's a lot of plants! You have a good set up for them though.....I really like your morning glory tree! [thumb]
by Jimmy V on November 19, 2006 11:05 AM
Thanks Loz it is different I like the way it blooms almost all the time. Only a few blooms but almost always a bloom.

- Jimmy's Blog
by loz on November 19, 2006 11:09 AM
Nothing to brighten your spirit like blooms inside your house during the winter....that's the main reason I love my African Violets so much. [thumb]

Make sure you keep us updated on what's blooming! [flower]
by Jimmy V on November 19, 2006 12:31 PM
4 African Violets blooming 3 more putting on buds. 5 Christmas cacti one Pequine pepper as well as the morning glory tree.

- Jimmy's Blog
by loz on November 19, 2006 12:36 PM
Wow! It must be so nice to see them all flowering all winter long....I should get some more flowering houseplants. [thumb]
by Jimmy V on November 19, 2006 10:12 PM
Forgot the one of my Crown of thorns with Euphorbas behind them on my bar, the Trigona one on the right is about 4 foot tall a cutting off of my mothers plant.
Crown of Thorns and Euphorbas

- Jimmy's Blog
by tkhooper on November 19, 2006 10:51 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a home overflowing with plants. With the eviction hanging over my head this year I've potted up everything I don't want to leave behind so there are plants eveywhere there is any light to speak of.

Thankyou for sharing your plants Jimmy.

-
 -
by Jimmy V on November 19, 2006 11:01 PM
Tammy you are very welcome. Sorry about your eviction come to Texas we can really over load a house and yard with plants. You can share the bedroom with Riki and Luci they even have plants in their room and some starts of AV's working

- Jimmy's Blog
by angelblossom on November 20, 2006 04:53 AM
WOW Jimmy I just saw this MY GOODNESS your crown of thorns and morning glory tree are awesome!!!! Looks like you have walking room room only!! BUT I bet if there was another plant to be rescued you'd find the room for it! [thumb] [lala] [grin]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by Jimmy V on November 20, 2006 08:46 AM
As long as I don'r trip over a baby I will be ok. forgot to tell you last week when I was at WM in S. GP got a spider plant for $1.99 it is putting out babies like nobodies business.

- Jimmy's Blog
by Triss on November 20, 2006 08:50 AM
Looks wonderful Jimmy. You have yourself a jungle paradise there!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by roflol on November 20, 2006 01:21 PM
I always felt like I wanted to move North, but seeing living plants in November like yours Jimmy makes me wonder if we shouldn't move South when we have a chance, instead. Thanks for sharing.

[flower]
by penny in ontario on November 20, 2006 10:05 PM
My goodness Jimmy....that is alot of plants!!!!!!
Looks great though!!

-
 -

-
by Patty S on November 21, 2006 04:58 AM
You DO have a rain forest going there, Jimmy... what a green thumb you have! [thumb]
Your house looks like the plant warehouse that Barleychown turned me onto up by where she lives! You're really having good luck with the AV's she'd sent you, huh?

Do your Iguanas go after any of those plants, or do you have them so well trained that they know the rules? (I THINK Iguanas eat green stuff, don't they?!) [dunno]

The Morning Glory tree is so cool, & your Crown of Thorns & Euphorbas look soooo happy! I don't know much about those plants, & am afraid to look them up because then I'll want them! [grin]

I don't have near as many plants indoors this year as I did last year, because I just don't have room for them if I want to put up a Christmas tree!

-
 -
by Jimmy V on November 21, 2006 09:27 AM
Thanks everyone. Patty I don't let my Iguana's run all over they have a cage large enough I get in it and walk and turn while playing with them. Yes they would try to eat them and wind up dieing becuase some are very toxic to animals. Like the Crown of thorns I have been told that the thorns are toxic and if you get one stuck in you you will get very sick But my grandsons dog last winter ate one I spent hours digging them out of her mouth never made her even least bit sick. I have also been told the leaves of these plants are used in Asia to help cure cancer so who knows I wont take the chance. Glad you like them. Only one of the AV's blooming are from Sarah the others have not bloomed.Patty I don't kill pine or fir trees just for one day a year. Being alone now I seldom celebrate anything no reason to anymore.

- Jimmy's Blog
by penny in ontario on November 22, 2006 06:59 AM
If i thought that my plants would look as good as your's do Jimmy.....i would have tried to save some of mine [thumb]

-
 -

-
by Jimmy V on November 22, 2006 09:08 AM
Thanks for your very kind words Penny . But I am sure yours would look as good and maybe better then mine. I just hate letting Tropicals or border line plants Freeze so I bring them in the Rian forest house even with Trent telling me no no. [Big Grin]

- Jimmy's Blog
by comfrey on November 22, 2006 11:17 AM
Wow Jimmy! I love all the plants, hubby says I have too many in the house, but I only have about a 1/4 as many as you do. It must be wonderful having them all inside with you!!!

-
 -
by Jimmy V on November 22, 2006 11:26 AM
Comfrey it is great, but if my wife were still alive I am sure they would be somewhere else. She would have never let me bring this many in the house but at same time she would think it was funny me even wanting to.

- Jimmy's Blog
by margaret e. pell on December 01, 2006 10:06 AM
Hey! My house looks like that! AND I've got a husband, 2 kids home and another sometimes, 2 dogs & 2 cats. My aloe bella x fleur seeds are starting to germinate...

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by maja24 on December 04, 2006 04:30 AM
Jimmy, that looks great! Your plants look really healthy! Here in Holland there hasn't been any frost yet (global warming....), but it's getting time to move my plants inside. Have to look for a place though, they've multiplied this year........ A bit addicted i'm affraid [Big Grin]

Paulien

http://home.hetnet.nl/~pvandeburgt/
http://photobucket.com/albums/e344/maja8/?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Flowers in the Conservatory| Next thread: flowers on my basil »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: