The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Package said Peonies

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Pachysandra help| Next thread: Paddle plant »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on May 22, 2005 02:00 PM
It did, it really did. But my neighbor has them and Fernie posted a picture of them and those are not anything like the leaves I have comming up. The stem and leaves on mine are burgandy. And the leaves are "lacy" like thicker versions of a japanese maple maybe. And when the stem first comes up the leaves are all tightly packed like a little ball at the top of the stem.

Is this how a new peony starts? It sure must be some transition if it is.
by RottieLover on May 23, 2005 09:01 PM
Sounds like a peony to me [thumb]
by MaryReboakly on May 24, 2005 02:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by RottieLover:
Sounds like a peony to me [thumb]
Definitely sounds like a peony to me too - quite a transition it goes through...I had no idea what mine were, and didn't believe neighbors that told me they were peonies - but they were right!

This was the best picture I could find of what almost looks like a sprouting peony

-
 -
by tkhooper on May 24, 2005 04:42 AM
Hi Mary I couldn't get into Webshots. I would have loved to see the picture. It's been raining this week and the peonies have finally lost their burgandy color and the leaves are starting to flesh out so they look more like my neighbors. Thank you so much for responding I was starting to wonder.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Pachysandra help| Next thread: Paddle plant »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: