The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Paddle plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Package said Peonies| Next thread: paddle plant ? »
Back to Thread index
by mhuff on October 14, 2005 02:39 AM
Hi guys,
I'm hoping someone can answer a question for me. I bought a paddle plant a few months ago, and it wasn't in very good shape (I have a habit of "rescuing" plants in distress). It's doing much better now, but it's getting really tall, with very sparse foliage on the new growth. All the pictures I've seen have dense leaves all the way up the stem. Am I not giving it the proper care? Is that why it is getting so tall and sparse? I jsut want to keep it in good condition, because I really love this plant. Thanks for any help!
Melinda
by Jiffymouse on October 14, 2005 06:39 AM
hey melinda... about your paddle plant (kalanchoe). this plant is a succulent, and likes a lot of light. if you don't have a brightly lit room or a south or west facing window, you can get a flourescent lamp or a grow light for it. when a plant gets leggy like that, it is usually due to insufficient light. hope this helps!
by mhuff on October 14, 2005 06:53 AM
Thanks!!! Now that you mention it, it didn't start getting really tall until I brought it in from the cooler temperatures. I'll move it around so it will be happier.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Package said Peonies| Next thread: paddle plant ? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: