The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Dumb question....

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Dumb Cane Needs Help| Next thread: Dumb Question... »
Back to Thread index
by loz on March 07, 2006 04:06 AM
How do you go about making a barrel fountain thing???

I found a solar fountain pump for about $30....it's 10 3/4 inches in diameter....and pumps the water at aprox. 46 gallons an hour and sprays up to 17 inches high...

Would that work okay?

I have no clue....what about the barrel, that's my main question? Do you do anything special to it...does it need waterproofed or a liner in it.....I guess the half barrel kind would work okay right?

Someone help me!!! I wanna buy this solar pump before they all sell out!!!LOL
by gardenmom32210 on March 07, 2006 04:47 AM
I think it would work just fine. I would use the black flexible lining that they have,just to make sure there are no leaks.

That's a real good price on the pump [thumb]
by loz on March 07, 2006 05:53 AM
That's what I thought too on the price....I like solar, because electric cords running outside makes me nervous....

Thanks Gmom!!!! [kissies]
by loz on March 09, 2006 02:18 AM
I got my solar pump! [thumb] Woohoo!!! [clappy] Now I can stick a whiskey barrel in the yard and not worry about cords and electric, and still have some kind of water feature.... [thumb]

Now I'm just hoping I can get a half whiskey barrel before they sell out when Walmart puts them out.....I wonder how much they cost.... [dunno]
by gardenmom32210 on March 09, 2006 08:49 PM
I can't wait to see it!
by afgreyparrot on March 10, 2006 08:46 AM
That is so cool, Loz!
Have you gotten the pump out and charged up to see how powerful it pumps the water?

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by buzylady on March 16, 2006 02:12 AM
Hey everyone.
loz,
Now that you got your pump, could you tell where you found it? I didn't want to ask before you got yours. How'd you like this past weekend weather? Great huh. Bummer now though.
Diane

buzz buzz buzz  -
 -
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/Di_06/
by Longy on March 16, 2006 04:27 AM
I have one of those pumps. They're great. Funnily enough i have it in a half wine barrel too. The pump doesn't neeed to charge. There is a constant supply of electricity to the pump whenever the sun is out. If it goes behind a cloud the pump stops.
You can also buy paint-on and spray-on sealants from a hardware store too if you'd prefer that to a plastic liner.

-
The secret is the soil.
by loz on March 16, 2006 11:58 AM
Good to hear Longy.....that way it won't be pumping at night. [thumb] Cool to know that you have the set up I'm thinking of.... [Smile]

Buzylady, I PM'd you!!! I've loved the weather....it was almost tropical feeling...even the wind was warm. Too bad it's all gone now.

What part of E. WV are you from???? I go over to Martinsburg a good bit...we like the Woods Inn Resort near there....you know where I mean?
by loz on March 17, 2006 02:47 AM
Just got it today...when I said I got it before I meant I ordered it before it sold out...here it is...It has an anchor with it, and 3 different spray heads! [thumb]
 -
by afgreyparrot on March 17, 2006 06:24 AM
Loz! That is so neat!
I didn't even have anything pictured in my mind of what it looked like...was just thinking it was a pump...didn't know it had the spray heads. That is way cool!

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by loz on March 17, 2006 06:34 AM
And it has a 2 year warranty, and it was only 30 bucks!!! [thumb]

Now I just wanna get the floating solar lights for a pond...

Instead of a barrel I've decided I want a preformed pond to sink in the ground. [grin]
by cinta on March 20, 2006 03:15 PM
If you have a Big Lots near by they have the floating solar lights for 7.99.

Can you PM me the addy for the pump?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by loz on March 21, 2006 01:15 AM
Sure I can...I'll do that now. And yep, I do have a big lots pretty nearby---haven't been there forever but I'm going to have to go and check it out! [thumb]
by buzylady on March 21, 2006 12:55 PM
Big Lots can surprise you. I got rose bushes last yr. for 1.99. They have been great. They seem to get a lot of solar stuff. Also, a very nice gazing ball.( had it about 1 month then the dogs knocked it over onto the sidewalk). [Mad]

loz, I just saw your reply from the other day. I don't know why I wasn't e-mailed of it. I am about an hr. away from Martinsburg. No,I don't know the Woods Inn. I am closer to Cumberland Md.

buzz buzz buzz  -
 -
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/Di_06/
by loz on March 22, 2006 12:18 AM
I gotta get to Biglots....it's been too long...I've got some amazing deals there before.

And I'm only 20 minutes from Cumberland MD...I lived there for 5 years..... [muggs]
by seeme on March 22, 2006 01:06 AM
i am so jealous!
by Thornius on March 24, 2006 04:23 AM
I buy a bunch of my tools, computer stuff, and bird stuff at Big Lots.

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Dumb Cane Needs Help| Next thread: Dumb Question... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: