The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Deception Falls, Washington

Willy's Place » Wallpaper of the Day
« Prev thread: Death to the Stump| Next thread: Decorating Fun Cakes For Kids »
Back to Thread index
by Bill on September 27, 2005 09:28 AM
If you ever happen to be wandering up US Highway 2, just west of Stevens Pass in Washington state, you will come across a small roadside rest area known as Deception Falls. There is a small picnic area and the normal comfort stations, but what keeps me coming back a few times a year is the wonderful one and a half mile walking trail where you can enjoy massive 200 foot tall, ancient growth Western Red Cedars, Douglas Firs and Western Hemlocks as well as beautiful ferns, plants and wildflowers which change with the seasons.

Toward the end of your walk, you'll follow a beautiful, crystal clear stream flowing down a slight hill. Suddenly, you'll discover the reason for the name of the Deception Falls rest area...

-

-

-

[Wink]

-
by loz on September 27, 2005 09:34 AM
Oooo, I'd keep going back there too..... [thumb] That's so pretty... [Smile]
by afgreyparrot on September 27, 2005 08:36 PM
Ooh...that's neat!
It looks so CLEAN!

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by catlover on October 01, 2005 09:52 PM
Wow....I love it, love it, love it!

What would you say is the best time of year to visit that area?....or is it like that all year round.....and does it snow in that area????

The reason I ask is I would like to plan a driving vacation up the coast with various stops along the way(eg. Heart castle etc.)after my daughter finishes college.
Catlover

-
 -
 -
by Bill on October 01, 2005 10:46 PM
In the Spring, you can find a lot of pretty wildflowers blooming and mushrooms growing.

In the Summer the ferns are huge and lush.

Since the trees are primarily evergreens there isn't a lot of Fall color, but it's still a great walk!

In the Winter the ground is covered in snow... the big ski area is only a few miles up the road.

It would be way cool if you got to come up here on your vacation [clappy] !

-
by afgreyparrot on October 02, 2005 08:42 AM
quote:
It would be way cool if you got to come up here on your vacation
[Big Grin] He doesn't really think you'll come, Catlover.
I DOUBLE DOG DARE you to call his bluff... [lala]

Someone NEEDS to go there and find out if he's real or not!

Cindy JANET

-
 -
 -
by catlover on October 02, 2005 12:05 PM
She doesn't finish for another year and a half with summer school inbetween!!! [perplexed] This is her Senior year .....two of the classes she wanted were totally full and they don't offer them until the following Spring semester. Darn schools ....I wish they would have enough space for every person that NEEDS to take the class(hire another professor if that is what it takes)....so that is the other 1/2 year. Then she will have her B.A. in Business....vacation hopefully....then start her 2 yr. internship...then off to work on her Masters. Sheesh...I'm broke just thinking about it!!!
Okay, this got off subject!!! Slapping self on each paw. [perplexed]

-
 -
 -
by Jiffymouse on October 03, 2005 11:54 AM
but catlover, if you go there, we can have the adventures of willy, the adventures of jiffy, and the adventures of catlover [Wink] [thumb] and that gives weezie and loz a double dog dare! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [devil] [Big Grin]
by afgreyparrot on October 03, 2005 10:47 PM
Exactly! [thumb]

quote:
She doesn't finish for another year and a half with summer school inbetween!!!
Why do you have to wait?
Just take a mini-vacation and go up there for a week-end.

-
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Death to the Stump| Next thread: Decorating Fun Cakes For Kids »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: