The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

My wrens are back!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by patches1414 on June 03, 2006 10:44 AM
I woke up this morning to the sound of my wrens singing me a wake up song. [clappy] They are so sweet and I love to hear them sing! [Love] I hope this means they will soon be taking up residence in one of my wren houses. [Wink]

I was a little worried they wouldn't be coming back this year because it seems they used to be here much sooner than this. [dunno] Of course, the main thing is they're back [thumb] and that's a blessing! [angel]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by Thornius on June 03, 2006 11:16 AM
What type of Wrens; House Wrens or Carolina Wrens?

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by patches1414 on June 03, 2006 01:35 PM
They are House Wrens, but they are so cute! [Wink] They have been singing and chattering all day! I love it! [Love]

Thornius, thanks so much for your help with the other situation. It really helped alot and made me feel much better! [kissies]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by Thornius on June 03, 2006 08:06 PM
I LOVE House Wrens. I have been studying birds for 18 years but had never seen a House Wren until last June. I have seen several since including one in my yard. I was 3 feet from a singing House Wren about a month ago and it was the most amazing sight I've ever seen. When he sang his WHOLE body shook like a magnitude 9.3 earthquake. I got pictures but they were backlit so they turned out as silhouettes.

-
 -
by patches1414 on June 04, 2006 01:02 AM
I've been able to get close to mine, but never that close! [Frown] They always sound happy. Don't you just love to hear them sing? [Love]

-
 -
by Squirrel on June 09, 2006 01:49 PM
My hubby and I were sitting on the patio today and I saw this bird with nesting stuff in its mouth sitting on our fence. The nest thing I new, it flew into my climbing hydrangea bush, left, and another one did the same thing. We were both so excited that these Carolina Wrens were taking up residence at our house. We sat and watched them most of the afternoon. We heard them sing and it was beautiful. They are the cutest things. [clappy] [Love] Will they come back year after year? I hope so. Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by patches1414 on June 09, 2006 06:03 PM
I don't know anything about the Carolina Wrens, but my House Wrens come back every year! [Wink] I have several Wren houses set up in my backyard and they really seem to like them. [clappy]

-
 -
by Pianolady on June 09, 2006 06:04 PM
My wrens come back every year, and take over the same bird house each year. They have their own feeder right by it, at least they think it's their's. I have to laugh, because they fight off the chikadees from their feeder all the time. It's like they own the place. If I get too near, I can hear them chattering away above my head. They can be pretty cranky sometimes.

-
by Thornius on June 09, 2006 06:21 PM
My Carolina Wrens are here all year. Carolina Wrens do not migrate. House Wrens do. I had three baby Carolinas last year and have four baby Carolinas so far this year. I also have a baby Carolina Chickadee, a baby Downy Woodpecker, and dozens of baby House Sparrows.

-
 -
by patches1414 on June 09, 2006 06:36 PM
Pianolady, do you have the Carolina Wrens or the House Wrens? [dunno] I have the House Wrens and I never see the going to my feeders! [Frown] Of course, maybe I'm not watching at the right time! [dunno]

-
 -
by Pianolady on June 10, 2006 04:58 PM
I'm sure they're house wrens. It may be that they don't like how close the chicadees are to their home.

-
by patches1414 on June 12, 2006 11:43 AM
quote:
It may be that they don't like how close the chicadees are to their home.
I guess that could explain it. When I first got my Wren houses years ago, the man who sold them to me told me not to put them too close to my other bird houses, but I don't remember what reason he gave me! [dunno]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: