The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Colorado Blue Spruce

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by Kurlie77 on May 14, 2005 05:17 PM
I recieved my free colorado blue spruces from the arbor day foundation and I was wondering how fast they grow... when can I expect them to be big an beautiful like in the pictures? I much can I expect them to grow this year?
by mike57 on May 14, 2005 11:12 PM
HI [wayey] a 3 year old seedling colorado blue spruce should reach 6 feet high in 5 to 7 years [tears] .there slow growing but if you furtalize it. it should grow a little faster.hope this helps. your friend in gardening mike57 [wayey] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by Meg on May 15, 2005 03:52 AM
Kurlie, don't fertilize them this year. They are bare root trees, and the fertilizer will burn them. That's directly from ADF. (I have a lot of ADF trees right now myself, some from last year, and new ones this year.) I don't know how long the spruce take to grow tho.. I got the "flowering trees". My Washington Hawthorne last year took off like a shot, and the one is already a good 3' tall, from likely 6-9" last year.

Meg

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by mike57 on May 15, 2005 08:31 PM
HI [wayey] I agree with meg don't fertilize them this year wait till next year to start sorry i should have put that in my first posting mine are second year trees.and thanks meg for catching my mistake on that [thumb] .your friend in gardening mike57 [wayey] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by RugbyHukr on May 16, 2005 12:17 AM
If you want quick growth & heitght, then try 'foxtail spruce' or 'lombardy poplar'

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by Kurlie77 on May 16, 2005 03:05 PM
Thanks guys!! I think I'll be planting my trees tonight... you are all so helpful!!!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: